ok im 9 months pregnant and my mom hates the babys father. i went to the hospital this past week because i thought i was going in labor. it was a false alarm. anyways when my mom was taking me to the hosptial she said turn off my cell phone, leave it at if i could, and dont call anyone "meaning she did not want me to call the babys father."

i dont know how to tell her but i want him there for the birth. she constantly said while we were there at the hospital how she didnt want anyone there and blah and blah. and im thinking this moment should be revolved around what i want right. i mean i know she dislikes him what i do feel his has the right to be at the hospital when i give birth. that is only right. i dont know how to tell her though. i know if i tell her he wants to be there she is going to say she is going to leave the hospital when he comes and that she is not going to help me. my mom always seems to put me in hard positions like she gives me ultimatums. for example, if he comes to be there for the birth then she will not be part of the baby's life. and to let you know i am 22 years old! what should i do how should i feel????

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:44 PM on May. 12, 2010 in Pregnancy

• YOUR the one having the baby, so I think YOUR the one that gets to choose if hes there or not. NOT her. and its his child, that would be mean not to let him get to see his own childs birth. Besides hopefully she will only be made at first and once her grandchild is born youd think shed want to meet him/her and be a part of their life regardless. Either way good luck and Congrats!
    jessran1218

Answer by jessran1218 at 6:28 PM on May. 12, 2010

• your mom sounds like a creepy over controlling lifetime movie mom...oi...good luck
    Anonymous

• A father has all rights to his child unless a judge has ordeder or the father wants nothing to do with sitation now with ur mother it kinda depends on the situation u didn't really say to much how old r u ? Or if he's ever done anything wrong I hope that you go with ur instinct
    Anonymous

• Tell her you have made your choice that your baby's father will be at the birth. This kind of thing is too wierd. It's normal to grow up, meet someone and have children. It's normal that those people are your top concerns from there on. That is not to say parents, siblings, etc. cease to be your family, but your SO and kids need to come first.
    wildflowers25

Answer by wildflowers25 at 5:51 PM on May. 12, 2010

• Do what you want. Tell you SO/BF. Your Mom hopefully is bluffing. She hopefully will change her mind.

Answer by louise2 at 5:52 PM on May. 12, 2010

• you should do what you want. and he has the right to be there. if your mother doesnt respect that remind her that you are 22 and dont need help, but would like for her to be there and help you out.
    Anonymous

• Why is your mother in charge of who sees your vagina?

You need to grow up and tell her what YOU want. Your about to be a mother. How can you stand up for your child if you can't stand up for yourself?

Just some food for thought!
    Anonymous

• You are an adult, you are the one pregnant, YOU get to decide who is there when the baby is born-- simple as that!! If your mom does not like it, tough she has 2 choices-- #1 she can suck it up (her attitude and resentment of dad) and be there to witness the miracle of birth, or #2 she can be a pill and leave. The only one hurt by that choice will be HER! I would not allow her (and her attitude) to ruin your baby's birth. I would be sure to tell your OB/GYN that you WANT the father present-- that way he/she knows your wishes and can back you up and maybe get your mom to leave you alone. Good luck!!
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 8:11 PM on May. 12, 2010

• Call me crazy, but if two people decide to have a child together wouldn't they be together for the birth? Why is your mom involved at all?

Answer by rkoloms at 8:31 PM on May. 12, 2010