Good Web site for my son to learn how to use the cp on? He is 5.5 years old and I haven't let him learn on it yet but I think it is time he learns!

randilinn

Asked by randilinn at 5:45 PM on May. 12, 2010 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• My 3 year old has been using the computer for a little while now. I got her the set of disney preschool cds. They are very educational and she loves playing them. She knows how to start them up and navigate around the by herself.
    amymartinez0214

Answer by amymartinez0214 at 6:06 PM on May. 12, 2010

• Teacher here:

www.starfall.com is the best website EVER! :)
    mom2twobabes

Answer by mom2twobabes at 6:08 PM on May. 12, 2010

• oh wow you waited. I love starfall...just do a goodgle search and you will find lost of great educational sites. My 5 and 6 yr old are awesome with the computer and beed doing it for a few years.
    Anonymous

• starfall.com is AMAZING!! I have had 2.5 yr olds use starfall. I have had children that have learning disabilities and thought processing disorders use starfall. I would think 6 is a little late to just be learning how to use the computer. I teach 3-5 year olds and all but 1 can use the computer, mouse. The 5 year olds can turn the computer on, login, logoff and type sentences and a short paragraph. By the time my son was 8, he was using word processing software at school to write papers. It is taught in school from preschool on up.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 8:40 PM on May. 12, 2010

• Well thanks for the web sites I didn't ask for bashing just because I waited... He gets sooo wrapped up in to things like this and obsessed over games and the cp that it was one fight I didn't need... He has messed with the cp knows how to use the mouse I just haven't had him play any games on it.. He is very smart and catches on FAST.. so don't freak out because I waited
    randilinn

Answer by randilinn at 9:22 PM on May. 12, 2010

• btw might be taught in your school but isn't taught in our school in preschool
    randilinn

Answer by randilinn at 9:23 PM on May. 12, 2010

• pbskids.org is nice.
    txdaniella

Answer by txdaniella at 1:13 PM on May. 13, 2010

• Kiwi uses preschoollearningonline.com sometimes.
    Kiwismommy19

Answer by Kiwismommy19 at 1:48 PM on May. 13, 2010

• I'm sure they don't mean to bash. These days a computer is becoming essential at very low grades. Mine is 6 and in first and has learned typing basics and how to use paint, word, and power point this year and he is learning some basics in excel. For a 5 and half year to not use a computer at all is a little different is all.
    Starfall.com is great as is coolmath.com
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:28 AM on May. 14, 2010