Diaper rash suggestions??

My dd is 10 months old and has a really bad diaper rash. This is her first bad one. We use Desetin (sp?) but it isn't clearing it up at all this time. It is getting worse and I think I may have to call the dr if it gets worse. Anyone have any suggestions?

reava

Asked by reava at 6:22 PM on May. 12, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Could be a yeast infection if it's not clearing up.
    Anonymous

• I was kind of wondering the same thing, I think I will call the dr tomorrow.
    reava

Answer by reava at 6:31 PM on May. 12, 2010

• I just heard that the new Pampers Diapers with Dry Max has been causing a lot of children to develop a really bad diaper rash. Otherwise call your Dr. :)
    Anonymous

• You can also put Mylanta on her bottom to help with the discomfort. My son's doc told me this when he got a bad rash. Another thing that works for my son is Palmers coco butter. Its really thick and it seems to leave a layer of protection from the wetness.
    rlhall1980

Answer by rlhall1980 at 6:40 PM on May. 12, 2010

• Does she eat yogurt? That always helped my kids.
    Hazelnutkin

Answer by Hazelnutkin at 6:59 PM on May. 12, 2010

• You'll have to take her to the dr. Your baby has an infection. It is either a bacterial infection or a yeast infection. The dr will have to swab it and test to see what kind of medicine is needed. Even different bacterial diaper rashes have to be treated with different medicines. It could even be staph or strep. It will clear up fast after the dr prescribes the right medicine.
    ThrivingMom

Answer by ThrivingMom at 7:12 PM on May. 12, 2010

• Buttpaste is a miracle! My son hasn't ever had diaper rash however my nephew had it very bad when he was little and we used buttpaste on it and it literally cleared up in a few hours.
    finallyamom40

Answer by finallyamom40 at 11:47 PM on May. 12, 2010

• boudreaux's buttpaste seems to work really well, and the pamper's thing was proven a hoax. if you are nursing you can take a little expressed milk and soak a cotton ball with it and apply that to the rash. wait for it to dry and then put on the rash cream and diaper. cold milk works best because it feels soothing on the rash. my dd had a bad rash when she was just a few weeks old and that worked in about a day, the rash was gone. gl!
    rhianna1708

Answer by rhianna1708 at 2:51 AM on May. 13, 2010