Period during pregnancy (TMI)

I was just wondering if anyone here has experienced a period during their pregnancy... I know it happens sometimes, and I'm wondering what it was like. I've been ttc my 2nd child for a long time, but we are giving up hope and I stopped taking tests because it was too heartbreaking. But for two months now my period has been way lighter than normal, and mostly brownish old blood. And I have been having cravings and nausea. I'm scared to take a test and get my hopes up - just wondering if this could be a "pregnancy period"?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:32 PM on May. 12, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Do you normally get cravings during your period? I know I do. I would go ahead and take a test just to be sure. I know it will be hard if that results are a negative, but it has to be better than just wondering, right? I wish all the luck and blessings!
    rlhall1980

Answer by rlhall1980 at 6:35 PM on May. 12, 2010

• You do not actually get a period. It is just spotting, usually it will be light, not last long, and not quite as "blood red" as a period. I would take a test because it sounds like something is up =)
    imamommmmyyy

Answer by imamommmmyyy at 6:45 PM on May. 12, 2010

• this pregnancy i have bled like a period on the dates i am supposed to start. it is not a period, what i have is called an SCH it is a hemorrhage in my uterus.... why i am bleeding when my period is supposed to come i have no clue. But i just go in and get an ultrasound and baby is fine.
    joycegina

Answer by joycegina at 7:06 PM on May. 12, 2010

• Some women actually have a split uterus and get REAL periods during pregnancy. I would suggest taking a pregnancy test and see what it says. What is worse not knowing or taking a test and getting a negative?
    aeneva

Answer by aeneva at 8:26 PM on May. 12, 2010