Should he just say he has no job history?

My friend is trying to get a job and I am helping him with his resume. His job experience includes 2 months a wal-mart 3 years ago and 1 month at a fast food restaurant 2 years ago. That's it. He's 25. Should I make his resume with this or should he say he has no job experience or should he just not make a resume and only apply at jobs that accept applications?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:44 PM on May. 12, 2010 in Money & Work

• As long as he was not fired I would include them. The general rule for resumes is to include every job in the past 5 years no matter how long it lasted. You can also include any volunteer experience he has. This will help distract from the lack of paid work and show that he CAN work.
    imamommmmyyy

Answer by imamommmmyyy at 6:52 PM on May. 12, 2010

• A little work experience is better than no work experience most of the time.
    Anonymous

• He might want to go to some temp agencies or apply for govt jobs. Those are less likely to care about his job history

Answer by admckenzie at 6:56 PM on May. 12, 2010

• Yikes! He might say he did volunteer work and attended college. Being 25 and not having worked much is not going to help him now.
    I wish him the best !
    parrishsky

Answer by parrishsky at 7:07 PM on May. 12, 2010

• His resume, or cover letter, should hiring managers know what he is been doing.

I do career and job search coaching; send me a message if I can help.

Answer by rkoloms at 8:06 PM on May. 12, 2010

• Please tell me he just got his graduate degree! In which case that is the first thing at the top of the page right after his name and contact info. Then some detail about projects and favorite classes. Temp agencies are great for trying out jobs.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:18 AM on May. 13, 2010