family matters

How would you feel about someone in your close family be it a brother or sister,dad ,uncle or mother,was being accused of molesting someone? And what if you really felt that they were innocent and you knew why this person was accusing someone for this.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:03 PM on May. 12, 2010 in Teens (13-17)

• Try to help them prove their innocence if you 100 % think they are innocent. But some times people we love do things that you wouldn't think they would do in a million years. So make sure there is no doubt they are innocent and try to out why the other person is lying...Good Luck. I hope the truth comes out.
    Anonymous

• I've learned over the years that when it comes to sex secrets lots of folks keep those secrets to themselves especially when it is unacceptable or out of the ordinary. Many molesters are great at convincing people that they didn't do it. My mom taught me to try to never allow the opportunity to come up. She basically thought all men were child molesters so we were never left alone with men. In turn my sister and I did the same thing, never left our children alone with men. I'm just not shocked anymore with accusations so I'd rather work at preventing the opportunity than to worry if the accusations are true.

Answer by admckenzie at 7:09 PM on May. 12, 2010

• I would defend them to no end!

Answer by older at 7:16 PM on May. 12, 2010

• HMMM, how can you be 100% sure they are innocent. Unless you are with them 24hrs a day, you can't be sure. Molesters don't have it written on their forehead. They are usually very friendly, normal people, someone you'd never dream would do something like this.
    Tread very carefully, before throwing 100% support behind proving someone is innocent. You just might find you didn't really know them so well after all.
    I have had this situation in my family and I was quite sure it never happened. Turned out I was very wrong
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:40 AM on May. 13, 2010

• yeah, this very true, unless you were with them at the time this happens , one can't never be too sure, no matter how much someone thinks no, they don't seem like those kind of people. try to get the truth out of them some how. (my friend here is telling me to tell you to get them drunk, the truth always comes out when they're drunk.) lol.:) But on the serious side ,even though you might not want to know if its really possible sometimes its better to know.
    incarnita

Answer by incarnita at 9:28 AM on May. 13, 2010

• WOW! I don't know how I would deal with this, but if you feel the accused is innocent, then prove it.
    ambr2006

Answer by ambr2006 at 8:27 PM on May. 13, 2010

• You said, "and you knew why this person was accusing someone for this." Sounds like you have a secret, too. Secrets fester, secrets hurt. Maybe there was a molestation, maybe there wasn't. But this part of your post sounds to me like there's a fact that needs to come out in the open. If the fact you know casts doubt on the accusation, then it should be shared with the parties involved. I don't know if this is still only a "family matter" or has escalated to a legal issue, but you need to tell the truth, the WHOLE truth, and nothing but the truth.
    cutiemoose

Answer by cutiemoose at 9:17 PM on May. 13, 2010