How to get "pee smell" out of a bed?

My son is trying to sleep at night without a pull up...He has had a couple accidents, and now his mattress smells like pee..which is making his room smell like pee...He already has a mattress pad I bought which I thought was suppose to keep the wetness off of the mattress..but guess not..Anyone have any good idea's how to get that smell out of his mataress?
Thanks BTW I have tried Frebreeze and Lysol spray..I can still smell it..

girllovescamo

Asked by girllovescamo at 7:10 PM on May. 12, 2010 in General Parenting

• Try baking soda.

Buying a waterproof mattress pad would be a good thing.
    Anonymous

• ive been having the same issue and still tryin 2 find something really good..but i usually spray water with bleach, then i put Resolve on it, then i use my cleaner on it and after it drys i spray smelly good on it.. it works for a good while, but if the pad isnt working, why dont you try getting one of the plastic mattress covers and then put a blanket on top of it and then the sheet (and that way he wont sweat to the bed and when he pees the blanket will soak it up..
    ktidwell

Answer by ktidwell at 7:23 PM on May. 12, 2010

• Use the same thing they use for pets pee smells. Odoban is the best
    Anonymous

• If you are pinching pennies..... Mix half vinegar and water in a spray bottle and spray that on the mattress allowing it to air out the entire day.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 8:00 PM on May. 12, 2010