Teachers and facebook

I just looked up my childs prek teachers on facebook....both her teachers are on there and the main teacher comments on her page about how glad it is the end of the year b/c the kids are so naughty and she refers to the kids as a JOB and say so glad its friday so i can get away from my JOB (don't most teachers refer to their students as their children?) the other teacher has curse words on on things she leaves on her page....don't you think teachers should watch what they say?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:11 PM on May. 12, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I think they should if they have students as friends. Otherwise, I don't really care.
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 7:19 PM on May. 12, 2010

• lol I think teachers should take extra care to mark their pages private. People are people though, they've got job complaints just like the cashier at Walmart I suppose. :)
    Anonymous

• I was a teacher for 8 years before having DD and becoming a SAHM and YES I think teachers have to watch what they post! Or at least make your page private, geez. Everyone knows that teachers have a life outside of school, and honestly yes, every teacher is counting down the days till the end of school, but I think you have to walk a fine line when you post things for everyone to see.
    silvia316

Answer by silvia316 at 7:19 PM on May. 12, 2010

• Are you the type of parent who would tell on them?
    Anonymous

• anon :22, so what if she does? Teachers can make mistakes too.
    silvia316

Answer by silvia316 at 7:41 PM on May. 12, 2010

• I think ppl should realize teachers are ppl too and should be able to have a personal life. As long as they arent saying those things in front of the children it shoudl be ok.
    Anonymous

• OP__ No i am not going to tell anyone I have had problems with them teachers already and usually don't have a problem with anything I told them teachers my child couldn't eat Pork for religious reasons and they gave it to her like 3 times before i said something to them and then they said well she should know not to eat it we are not going to keep up with that and then when i said back to her its kinda hard to tell if a hot dog is pork, beef, or pork and she just yelled at me that my chlid should know if to eat somthig or not
    Anonymous

• Well, I doubt if a pre-K teacher's students will be seeing her facebook page. I am an EA in a class for teens with special needs, and let me tell you - we are all counting down the days to the end of the school year. And no I don't refer to my students as my kids, I have kids, my students are my students. Do you not count down the days till your holidays? As long as they're not saying these things to the kids or in front of the kids I don't see the problem. School employees are people too, they may curse, drink, and post things that would be inappropriate for their students (and I bet they have sex too!). That's why I won't have any current students as friends on facebook. If they are insistent I will add them after they graduate, but I prefer not to.
    canadianmom1974

Answer by canadianmom1974 at 8:04 PM on May. 12, 2010

• Teaching IS a job!! They go to work, get paid, have limited sick leave, etc . . . . Only this job comes with loads and loads of unpaid overtime and parents who think they're the boss. I taught for 9 years and never ever referred to my students as my children. They're not my children. My children live at home with me. I counted down the days, just like every normal person. I think people who don't realize that teachers are actual people, normal people, are the ones with issues.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 8:10 PM on May. 12, 2010

• Well my friend who is a teacher has two pages, one is for her students (she teachers high school) and she talks respectfully there and what not and the other is for her other friends where she can say what she wants. The one for friends is kept very private by her and I think that is the way it should be.
    aeneva

Answer by aeneva at 8:22 PM on May. 12, 2010