Kids touching?????

I walked into a room today to catch my 8 year old touching my 5 year old between the legs. I sent the 8 year old to its own bedroom and told it to lay down, lecturing all the way. I then took my 5 year old aside and asked about what was going on, has anyone else done that, etc. etc. Then I asked the same from the 8 year old. From both kids I got that they both did it without any particular reason why. My question is... what now?? Counseling? Punishment? This was normal curiosity? What, what, what do I do?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:12 PM on May. 12, 2010 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• Really, it is normal, however shocking. Just go over what is appropriate and what is NOT and that just the doctor and parents should be touching private parts. No friends, not other people's parents, blah, blah. Just go over it and over but don't shame them. It's normal to be curious and this goes on for a while. Don't freak out just go over the rules.
    Anonymous

• OP: I guess what really shocked the hell out of me was the age difference, kwim? Do you guys think I need to put more thought into it considering that?
    Anonymous

• What sex are the children? I think that does play a part too.
    Anonymous

• shocking - yes ! but, I don't really thing you need a counseling.
    Your mother's instinct will tell you what to do... as soon as shock will go away.
    good luck !
    laygla

Answer by laygla at 10:04 PM on May. 12, 2010

• also.... NOT puneshments, just simple explanation of what they can do, and what they can't.
    laygla

Answer by laygla at 10:06 PM on May. 12, 2010

• What gender are they?
    If they are different genders I would wonder if it was curiousity/ Also if they are even the same gender, it looks different on someone else (better view) and they might be "teaching" the other some things (good or bad). Were they clothed?
    Anonymous

• They were clothed, yes.
    Anonymous