Which Fenugreek is better Liquid or capsule?

I have a low milk supply and the Fenugreek by Gaia Herbs. http://www.gaiaherbs.com/product.php?id=302
Didnt work, i was told my urine would smell like maple syrup and it did but i didnt see much of more milk. I also have mothers milk and i drink that and it didnt do nothing. The liquid form i see on the internet is like a tincture type.
And i would like to know if beer makes your milk supply low or not. I keep hearing yes and no. im confused!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:07 PM on May. 12, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I take the capsule just cuz its what my local store carries, seems to work just fine. The yeast in beer is what increases your milk supply, there are conflicting opinions on whether or not the alcohol decreases milk supply. I drink a beer every now & again & always have more milk after. Hope this helps!
    Nyx7

Answer by Nyx7 at 8:29 PM on May. 12, 2010

• THE BREASTFEEDING ANSWER BOOK, 2003 states: “Many mothers try to boost their milk supply by drinking herbal teas, but the dose cannot be as easily controlled as capsules or tinctures, so the results will be inconsistent. Fenugreek (three capsules three times per day can be taken alone or with blessed thistle (three capsules three times per day). Experience indicates that it takes 24-72 hours to see an increase in milk supply once the herbs are started in the correct doses. Fenugreek is listed in the US as a Generally Recognized as Safe herbal.”

For more information on using herbs to increase your supply go to: http://www.kellymom.com/herbal/milksupply/herbal_galactagogue.html

maggiemom2000

Answer by maggiemom2000 at 9:01 PM on May. 12, 2010

• I have had alot of mothers on here answer this one for me too ( Thank you to all the ones that did). I recived my box of Mothers Milk Tea yesterday and to me it was like drinking vomit lol. I know it must be the fennel. No amount of honey helped so i'm up for just downing it. I considered the pill but the whole maple syrup thing was a definite turn off to it. I've had the tea twice now (because 3 times a day of that stuf just isnt gonna happen), I definitely got more coming out then before. I am also in the process of buying a higher quality pump. As of now I have a Evenflo. I have been told time and time again to buy a medela. So thats the route i'm going.
    I wish you luck and hope things work out for you.
    4xsthetrouble

Answer by 4xsthetrouble at 9:36 PM on May. 12, 2010

• First, what has you thinking your supply is low? How are the babies diapers? Are you trying to increase the amount you pump for while you are away from baby perhaps for school or work?
    Generally you will see an increase within a few days, BUT if your supply isn't truly low you may not see an increase at all.
    Daynaof3

Answer by Daynaof3 at 9:40 PM on May. 12, 2010

• This is what worked for me when I was having supply issues:

Nurse frequently
    Drink lots of water, at least 6 oz every time you nurse and every time you pump
    Have lots of skin-to-skin contact with your baby
    Take brewers yeast tabs
    Look at pictures of your baby while you pump
    Wait at least an hour after nursing to pump

Answer by rkoloms at 10:06 PM on May. 12, 2010

• I've never used fenugreek (have only heard about it), but I was wondering if you've tried contacting La Leche League. They can help you figure out if low milk supply is really a problem, or if it is something simple. You might also try contacting a lactation consultant. GL!
    Iamgr8teful

Answer by Iamgr8teful at 5:24 PM on May. 13, 2010