my 28 month old is nasty...help!

so we've been working on potty training for awhile now. he WILL go pp on the potty sitting and standing, no poopy. however..........he has a HORRIBLE habit of taking his diaper off and pooping on the floor and pp'in as well. I do dress him but he takes his clothes off too. He manages to sometimes even poop and BRING me his poop!! This is getting so old! I've tried everything from singing silly songs while potty time, treats afterwords, etc.........he just wont go TO the potty when he has to. Any suggestions?

ALSO. He has this weird fascination with picking his butt and playing with his pp. I know playing with his pp is normal but his butt?!?!?!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:09 PM on May. 12, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Are you sure your 2.5 year old is ready to be potty trained? Quit with the diapers if you're seriously trying to potty train, and NO pullups.
    Anonymous

• Sounds like my daughter. She pooped on our dining room floor twice in the past two weeks. I am really hoping by the time she is two and a half years old (6/1) she will be fully potty-trained...I just keep her naked. There are days where she will pee and poop in the potty all day long and stay dry for hours and there's other times...she will have an accident and then say, "Mommy, I have to go peepee, lets go to the bathroom". She tries.
    Anonymous

• You might want to let him run around naked-bum for a few days (at least while he's awake)...and, I know this is tiring, but watch him like a hawk, and as soon as he starts to go anything, pick him up and race to set him on the potty.

If he gets even a drop of pee in the potty, celebrate like it's the biggest thing ever.

If he's ready, it should start to click that's where the waste goes. If he's not ready, after 3-4 days you won't see much progress, and then I'd just say duct tape those diapers on him and try again with intense training in a month or two.
    Anonymous