Do you shop Jo Ann's fabrics?

I am hoping to get some kind of email confirmation from them (nothing so far) telling me I will recieve their info (esp the coupons). I need muslin or some fabric for backing on curtains. Will muslin block the sun well?

txdaniella

Asked by txdaniella at 8:17 PM on May. 12, 2010 in Hobbies & Crafts

• I use to work at Hancock Fabrics, if you really want to block the sun, Jo Ann's should have what they call black-out lining. It will be in the upholstery section, our store use to keep it under the end of our cutting table on the long rolls. I wish I could tell you how much a yard it was...but it's been close to five yrs since I worked there. I'm planning on getting some for our windows, we're in an apt so we don't get any cross venilation in here...and the windows are on the SW side of the building. We already have some dark curtains in the rooms, but really need something to help keep out the heat to help save on the a/c bills.
    daisy521

Answer by daisy521 at 8:47 PM on May. 12, 2010

• I think I signed up for it... don't think I've received any emails though...hm didn't even really think about that until now...

as for the muslin, if you are using it as backing, it should be fine. If you are wanting total darkness, I would go with canvas but that will be very heavy curtains.
    Anonymous

• I love Jo Anns. I have muslin couch covers and I have used it for curtains. I think muslin will be fine for a backing. It lets light in a little bit if thats what you like.
    3gigglemonsters

Answer by 3gigglemonsters at 1:03 PM on May. 14, 2010

• Yes I definately agree with the black out fabric. Here is the link   and right now it is 5.99/yd and should be sold in stores as well. I hoped that helped you.

As far as the email confirmation goes; it took me awhile to get a confirmation back and took about 2 weeks to start seeing flyers in the mail. When you get your first flyer in the mail you MUST use that coupon in order to keep getting more flyers. You can even use it on gum; so please remember to use it before it expires.

wolfmomma30

Answer by wolfmomma30 at 2:36 PM on May. 17, 2010

• Muslim is on sale now. 50% off. Go on line and sign up at their website. You can also get their coupons on line. Print them right off of your computer. There is better stuff to line curtians with it is called Roclan not sure of the spelling sounds like Rock Lawn. It is good at cutting out the sun, they have it for warmth and keeping rooms dark. It is in the home dec. dept. at Jo-Anns.
    mmmegan38

Answer by mmmegan38 at 11:08 AM on May. 21, 2010