How do your deal with the disappointment?

I remember growing up and realizing your parents were not 'perfect' and made mistakes was hard to accept. I think what is even harder is realizing your kids aren't perfect either. As they get older and issues/problems start to surface. :(

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:31 PM on May. 12, 2010 in General Parenting

• Really? Cause I thought mine were. LOL! Um, I started to notice that my kids weren't perfect when they were about 2. I am still realizing it now that they are in their twenties! Um, I don't really know why, beings I am such a perfect person and all.
    Anonymous

• That's a form of judgment. Not bashing, just saying. The world and others are not revolved about your expectations of them. Accept them for who they are and you will not be disappointed.
    Anonymous

• No one is perfect and I don't expect my kids to be. I tell them if they aren't making mistakes then they aren't learning anything. I have 12 year old twin girls. Making mistakes it how we learn. I also explain to them that parenting didn' t come with a manual so as a parent I will also make mistakes and we will work through all our mistakes together. Nothing is the end of the world and all we can do is learn and grow from the mistakes we make. We will get through anything because that is all we can do. Maybe we shouldn't be so fixated on "mistakes" but learn by what happens to us in our day to day lives. If we're not learning then we're not growing. I tell my everyday to try something new because no matter what happens we will handle it. What else can we do?
    morkiemom97

Answer by morkiemom97 at 12:29 AM on May. 13, 2010

• Maybe I should of added more details. I know I'm not really getting my question across right. I don't mean crying over split milk. or just mistakes. Not even growing pains. I mean when both your kids have other issues. That you probably have not a lot of control over, but still feel a world of guilt for some reason. Issues such as mental disorders, special ed. etc.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:00 AM on May. 13, 2010