Powerball = $97,000,000

What are your plans for your jackpot? I've got a rough draft of a plan for my winnings... First, I'm quitting my job. Maybe then I can focus on losing some weight to help stabilize my thyroid & lower my blood pressure. Then, we're going to DisneyLand! And by "we", I mean the entire gaggle of kids on both sides. Next stop: family compound. I could buy it or build it to move my momma and in-laws within walking distance of us. Siblings... I'll think about it... In another year or decade... What would you do?

jonosmama

Asked by jonosmama at 9:05 PM on May. 12, 2010 in Just for Fun

• vacation. for sure. then buy lots of land and live off of it. id probably give away a lot of it to family. everyone is getting a house or a car! probably invest some and really just not work. id probably have like ten kids. and iv always wanted to start a dog rescue organization for bully breeds.
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 9:13 PM on May. 12, 2010

• First, I wouldn't take it as a lump sum. I'd take the payout over 30 years. I'd pay off my house and my car and start investing. I'd fix anything and everything that should be fixed on my house, and pay off my student loans. I'd continue with school and get my degrees. I'd still work because I enjoy it, but I'd be on a different schedule. I'd also set up trusts for my kids.
    Anonymous

• FIRST.... Def the 30 year payout...
    A HUGE donation to the youth groups at our church and a few other faith based foundations.
    I'd have hubby QUIT his LOUSY job and we would hightail it down to KY and have a meeting with the builder friend we have and decide where we were going to build our dream home and design it. Hubby would find a job there, just because he enjoys it.
    Then we'd hire someone to come & pack up our house here and move it...
    We'd move to KY and trade in our cars... I would upgrade my Ford Escape to a NEW HYbrid one, the sky blue one! Hubby would get a truck I'm sure.
    We'd start trusts for our kids!
    We'd set up retirement investments for us.
    Then we would take a VERY LONG vacation!!! Hawaii probably.

I would probably also pay off my sister's houses and cars.
    RutterMama

Answer by RutterMama at 10:10 PM on May. 12, 2010

• Pee my pants first...

Then do all the sinsible and not so sinsible stuff your supposed to do when you win that much.
    lstrickland

Answer by lstrickland at 12:08 AM on May. 13, 2010