6 week checkup

When are you supposed to start your period again after you have a baby? I had a c-section, and i spotted for about 3 weeks... does that count as a period?

ridesallyride

Asked by ridesallyride at 2:02 PM on Jun. 27, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I gave birth by c-section 6 wks ago also. Like you, I spotted (no, it doesn't count as a period) but only for about a week and a half. Last Monday (the 16th) I got my period & it just ended today. Be prepared when you get it, it's gonna be a doosey!
    krisstencarmela

Answer by krisstencarmela at 2:28 PM on Jun. 27, 2008

• Are you breastfeeding or formula feeding? If you are breastfeeding your period can be delayed until days or even weeks after you stop breastfeeding OR you may get it while you still are. If you are ffing, I think the norm for most women is the 6th week PP. But don't be surprised if you are heavier or lighter than you used to be, your period will be all outta whack until your body & hormones regulate again.
    schmoo_mommy

Answer by schmoo_mommy at 4:46 PM on Jun. 27, 2008

• My son just turned 6 months and my first period just stopped, everyones different.
    ChasesMommy0115

Answer by ChasesMommy0115 at 3:19 PM on Jun. 28, 2008