Is anyone here on anti-depressives or anxiety meds?

My doctor recently put me on Celexa for anxiety, but it's also an anti-depressant. She said it usually takes 4-6 weeks to kick in. My question is...what does it feel like when it "kicks in". Is it subtle? Do you suddenly just feel different? Will I just be happier and and less anxious? I'm not sure what to expect, lol, but excited to see results. I'm just curious if I'll notice a huge difference one day or what? Thanks in advance for your responses. :)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:24 PM on May. 12, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Celexa is very subtle. But it can also make you tired and lower your sex drive. It can take up to a month to get fully into your system. If it doesn't work for you... you can ask to try Welbuturine. It is an anti-depressant but can help with the fatigue and sex drive. Or Lexapro. It is relatively new, but takes a lot less time to take effect.
    RutterMama

Answer by RutterMama at 10:02 PM on May. 12, 2010

• Ive been on Paxil and Prozac.. both made feel jittery. I cant afford to go back to the doc right now to try another med.
    Anonymous

• Op here. I tried Paxil and hated it. I felt the same way...super jittery. So far I've had no side effects on the Celexa and don't feel jittery or anything. Maybe when you can go back to the doctor you should ask them about it.
    Anonymous

• Took prozac for almost a yr and it did nothing but give me horrible headaches and I was tired allllll the time. As for Celexa, I don't know anything about it. Do your research, chart how you feel from day to day. See if you notice a change as time goes by. Hope it works for you. I don't take anything anymore, changed the way I eat, drink, etc, and I feel better. I also make sure I get some time in the sun when I can. That seems to help the most. Also do some sort of activity everyday and that helps too...
    Anonymous

• I took Prozac... It caused chest pain & I didn't sleep
    I took Zoloft... It caused chest pain, anxiety attacks & I was up for days
    I took Effexor... It almost killed me when my liver shut down
    I took Celexa... It did NOTHING

Don't know if that helps... But there you go...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 9:35 PM on May. 12, 2010

• I take Zolft works pretty good..
    Anonymous

• I tried that one, then paxil... .same effect which was basically none.

I had the best results with zoloft
    Anonymous

• im on a double dose. i take celexa and trazadone. the celexa is 40 mg and the trazadone is 150 mgs. its also what they give my grandfather that is battling cancer for 11 yrs. its to help u sleep. doesnt always work. the celexa took about 4 weeks but i feel alittle better everyday
    knagsmom

Answer by knagsmom at 9:55 PM on May. 12, 2010

• I was on a very low dose generic of paxil for PPD, and for me, I just felt it's effects come on slowly.

It didn't make me feel super-happy or giddy all the time - I just felt like my normal self.
    Anonymous

• I've been taking zoloft for the past couple weeks and I'm starting to feel alright, still have problems but maybe I need to wait longer or the need to up the mg. It just makes me feel numb, feelingless honestly
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 10:30 PM on May. 12, 2010