What has being a mother taught you about life?

It has taught me to respect my parents more, and understand their struggle. Being a parent is the one of the best experiences in life, but one of the hardest IMO. Blessings..

Daphna28

Asked by Daphna28 at 9:36 PM on May. 12, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• That I am not always right. That children come into the world with a knowing, and it is my job as a mother to learn from them. They came here for a purpose, and my job is to help them fulfill that purpose.
    I've also learned that the house will ALWAYS get dirty again, no matter how much I work to keep it clean. And I've learned that a clean floor only lasts for half a day, but going outside and playing HORSE basketball with my 11yo lasts a LOT longer! I've learned that I'm not a perfect person. I've learned to forgive.... my mother... and myself. I've learned that no matter how open you try to be with your kids.. a 14yo girl will not want to tell you much. I've learned that if you love your kids unconditionally, they'll love you back unconditionally. I've learned that I LOVE being a mother more than anything in the world.
    FemRising

Answer by FemRising at 4:16 PM on May. 13, 2010

• That life does go on. I didn't think I could love anyone else after losing my mom.
    LaurenKaye29

Answer by LaurenKaye29 at 9:40 PM on May. 12, 2010

• I can't say it's really taught me anything. I mean, I now know HOW to do things, I've learned that part... Diapering, nursing... all that, but I can't say it has taught me anything really profound. I'm the same exact person I was before kids - just rounder.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 9:41 PM on May. 12, 2010

• being a mother has taught me the value of a human life .. i didnt realize how precious and delicate a life was, and how much work goes into makeing a life, until i made one myself. before i had my son, i lived really wild - drugs, drinking, fighting, speeding, etc. - i calmed down alot way before i had my son with drugs and things like that, but i still drove way to fast in my car, and drank too much, etc. but since having my son, i dont take chances with anything that could hurt my life, his life, or somebody elses life.
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 9:41 PM on May. 12, 2010

• It's the hardest job in the world, and the most gratifying. I also had no idea I could Love someone so much until I had my babies.
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 9:42 PM on May. 12, 2010

• To appreciate every second of life and to appreciate the little things that make life amazing.
    imamommmmyyy

Answer by imamommmmyyy at 9:50 PM on May. 12, 2010

• AFTER WANTING TO BE A MOM FOR SO LONG, MY DREAM CAME TRUE. i HAD 2 MIS. MY DAUGHTER IS 2 1/ 2 SHE TEACHES ME THINGS EVERY DAY. SHE MAKES ME A BETTER PERSON. TONIGHT I PUT HER TO BED AND SHE LOOKED INTO MY EYES AND SAID MOMMY I LOVE YOU AND YOUR MY BEST FRIEND. SHE IS SUCH A LOVING CHILD AND A BLESSING TO ME.
    Anonymous

• Being a mother is no longer is being about the “me” it’s about the “them”. A caregiver.
    Anonymous

• Since you're asking in religion and spirituality, I'll give this little story of mine.

I learned in a child development class that to a young baby's mind the only thing that exists are the things that are right in their field of view. If you're out of sight from the baby, to their newly developing brain, you might as well have completely disappeared from all existence.

One day I caught myself behind my daughter and saying "I know you can't see me, but I'm still right here." and suddenly I understood how spiritual things (like God) can exist without us seeing them.

I felt like God was saying the exact same words to me "I know you can't see me, but I'm still right here," and just sweetly feeling that my brain has a lot of developing to do before I'm capable of totally understanding it all.
    Anonymous

• that kids are pain in the ass !
    Anonymous