How can people be this disgusting? Why was god not there for this 4 year old?

The Layton Police Department released probable cause statements Wednesday in the case of 4-year-old Ethan Stacy's death.

It was a custody fight in Virginia that led to a judge's order that the boy spend the summer in Utah with his mother, who will be charged as an accomplice to the boy's killing.

Police documents describe in graphic detail a pattern of abuse over a period of days that led to the boy's death at the hands of his mother and stepfather. We want to warn you, the details are disturbing.

Documents describe horrific abuse:

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:14 PM on May. 12, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• How sad, how very sad. sad

Ethan Stacy Dead; Stepfather, Mother Charged

Anonymous

• Stephanie Sloop told police on May 5 her then-fiance, Nathan, beat Ethan several times in the head while disciplining him.

The next day, they locked Ethan in his bedroom alone while they went to the courthouse to get married. The couple admitted they feared the boy's injuries would tip off police to the abuse, so they removed the doorknob to Ethan's bedroom door so he couldn't get out.

Over the next several days, she could tell Ethan needed medical attention, but did not take him to a hospital for fear they would be arrested for abuse.

She told police Nathan burned Ethan in scalding water while she was gone and continued to physically abuse him.

On Sunday, May 9, Stephanie says she returned from a trip to the store and Nathan told her Ethan was dead in his bed.

She says Nathan and another man took Ethan to the mountains, where they desecrated his body and buried him.

Anonymous

• http://www.ksl.com/?nid=148&sid=10746226
    Anonymous

• Don't say free will because this young boy had NO free will!
    Anonymous

• that makes me sick to my stomach.
    rahrahsmama

Answer by rahrahsmama at 10:17 PM on May. 12, 2010

• oh my lord.. i cannot stand to see stories such as this. I don't understand how anyone in their right mind could do this or even KNOW that this was happening and not have the will to stop it. It makes me want to go into my children's rooms and hold them so tight.
    Ctink8189

Answer by Ctink8189 at 10:18 PM on May. 12, 2010

• I'm crying for the boy. I look at my son 4 years old, and I just swell with tears. I did not know this boy. Yet I am so emotionally tormented by this. The second we got word he was missing I wanted to help search. By that evening they found his body in the mountains 30 miles away.
    Anonymous

• and where does god play into this?
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 10:20 PM on May. 12, 2010

• I cannot imagine how his father feels..... 

HIS father was COURT ordered to send his son here to Utah to be with his mom for the summer! BAD JUDGEMENT! The boy was loved in Virgina. Here he was nothing to them. Nothing at all. : ( 

im sorry

Anonymous

• and where does god play into this?

Why was god not here for this 4 year old boy? This boy suffered for days! Days! If god interacted with our lives answered prayers and was this all mighty being... why did he not send an angel? Why did he not send someone to intervene?  Why? 

Anonymous