Ok how do I my mom know I'm serious about not watching my brother anymore but I'll still watch my other 2 siblings

Ok so I babysit my 3 siblings 5 7 and 12 while my moms at work and out of all of them I have the most problems with the oldest one,I want to keep this short so he is very disrespectful anytime I ask him or tell him to do anything he gets smart with me or doesn't do it,and then the young er kids think since he doesn't have to listen neither do they,I am getting sick of his ish...and he is emotionally and physically exhausting...

I've threatened her that if she doesn't find another place for him to go I'm not going to watch any of them but she doesn't care

also its going to be summer break In a few days I cant imagine having him for more than half a fay

So please what would you do?

Any suggestions?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:17 PM on May. 12, 2010 in Relationships

• OMG I know what you are going through!!! I have to watch my 2 neices all the time! Bc they think so I don't have a day time job that I have to watch their kids. Well I don't have a daytime job bc no one offers to watch MY kid AND I cant go get a job bc I'm stuck watching theirs!! UGH so annoying. I told them already that I'm putting my DD in daycare so I can go get a job. They would hate it if I asked them to quit their job to watch the kids. So how the hell do u think I feel is what I'd say. ANyways...STICK to your ultimatum!! It's the only way it'll work. Trust me..I"ve been doing it for 3 years too. And I"m sick of it!
    Anonymous

• He's your brother...suck it up.
    Anonymous

• sorry about the typo errors.
    Anonymous

• op here....I have sucked it up for over 3 yrs now..he is just getting worse and worse...
    Anonymous

• Stick with your ultimatum. Just because she's your mom doesn't mean you should have to be miserable to make her life easier. I think it's a bit rude that she's ignoring the problems you're having with your brother. Try sitting down and talking to her one on one. If she refuses to find someone else, then tell her you're done. It sucks, but you shouldn't be at the bottom of the list.
    flitpixie

Answer by flitpixie at 10:24 PM on May. 12, 2010

• You didn't mention your age, but if you are 15 or older, you could go out and get another job, leaving the 12 yo to babysit the younger siblings. Your mother needs to understand that she did not have you just to get a free babysitter. If you are younger than 15, you should call child protective services to see what the age limit is for a sibling babysitter. If you are too young by law, your mom cannot force you to do it!
    neebug3766

Answer by neebug3766 at 10:27 PM on May. 12, 2010

• I am 16 and i THINK the age in this state is 12 or 13..I also have a daughter of my own..
    Anonymous

• She's the mom. Tell her to hire a sitter. Just say No.
    Anonymous

• Do you live at home? If so it is going to be hard to stick to tat ultimatum. Make sure you are firm when you tell her she has one week to find a new sitter for him.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 10:39 PM on May. 12, 2010