Can you develop Polycystic Ovary Syndrome after having children?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:42 PM on May. 12, 2010 in Health

• yes
    Anonymous

• yes ..
    NOLAmommaKRYS

Answer by NOLAmommaKRYS at 10:45 PM on May. 12, 2010

• My PCOS didn't make itself overtly known until after my son was born, but once I did some research into it, I realized that I'd had vague symptoms of it all my life. I think it can definitely wait to show symptoms until any point in your life, especially after an experience like a pregnancy, but I tend to think that you are predisposed to it, and probably have always had some form of it that just may not show up as symptoms until something triggers it. I don't know for sure, obviously, but I know that was MY experience. I'd always had strange things like irregular periods, strong PMS symptoms, and trouble with weight. But it was only after my son was born that I developed the hirsutism, missed periods, and diabetic-like symptoms. Those were the things that tipped me off, but the troubles I had earlier in life were also symptoms, I just never put them together.
    Iskkra

Answer by Iskkra at 11:40 PM on May. 12, 2010