does anyone have any advice on planning your own wedding!

any tips help ideas anything would be a mircle i am having a summer wedding in july outside and thats about where it ends oh the colors are pink and green like a flower.... anything would be a godsend thanks

magical_mommy

Asked by magical_mommy at 11:12 PM on May. 12, 2010 in Relationships

• i did my own wedding but i knew better than anyone what i wanted....i did my bride'smaid dresses shorter so they wouldn't trip (lol) and since mine was in the fall they carried a boquet of leaves instead of flowers.. gl you know what you want make it happen!
    Anonymous

• here's my tip.... make a budget and stick to it! but be sure to leave some money for the unexpected, but just a couple of hundred so you don't go crazy with the add-ons lol. gl... it took me almost a year so you better get movin lol
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 11:16 PM on May. 12, 2010

• My wedding was on Valentines day, so after Christmas alot of decorations were on sale so thats when I bought lights and stff. So in July for outside you could have a firework show, if you look on craigslist or craiglook you can find some bridal discounts. plus i have 2 dresses for sale if youre interested.
    navajomama7

Answer by navajomama7 at 11:57 PM on May. 12, 2010

• Keep it simple. You don't have to break the bank to pull off a great wedding. Compare prices, styles, decoration, and flowers. And remember even though it is one very important day, it is just one day. There is no need to buy the most expensive stuff because you don't need it to last forever, just one night.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:05 AM on May. 13, 2010

• I agree with keeping it simple. In my opinion, less is more when it comes to weddings.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:13 AM on May. 13, 2010

• use baby powder or cornstarch if it is going to be hot, this is good for the men too! i went to a wedding where all the girls had arm pit sweat and even breast sweat, it showed through on their dresses. only the bride listened to me about the powder.
    also, have some duct tape handy just because you never know! often the bride and groom don't eat much at the reception b/c they are excited and visiting...so make plans for food for afterwards, either saving some from the reception or have something at home or the hotel.
    have fun with it, if it becomes too stressful, let it go!
    congratulations!!!
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 2:28 PM on May. 13, 2010