ILL. Basketball team denied chance to play in AZ because of IMM. Law???

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2010/05/12/hoop-dreams-shattered-arizona-safety-fears/

You have got to be kidding me!

Shaneagle777

Asked by Shaneagle777 at 11:12 PM on May. 12, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 11:12 PM on May. 12, 2010

• that's taking it too far...as long as no players were illegal i don't see why they didn't go
    Anonymous

• I guess they have illegal immigrants on the team or I see no reason why they couldn't go.... hmmmm.... I think INS needs to go investigate the school! and I hope they do! It's not like it's difficult to live here legally! good grief! why do the idiots need to do it illegally? to avoid taxes?
    Anonymous

• AAnon @ 8:18 did you even go to the link? There are no illegals on the team.. this is Illinois USA for crying out loud! Not communist china and these girls have played IN CHINA!
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 11:20 PM on May. 12, 2010

• Then why in the world would the school officials be worried about the students' safety about being arrested in AZ? DUH! Like the parents would actually tell the newspaper that they are here illegally, so the fact that it states "Parents said there was no vote or consultation regarding the decision, which they called confusing, especially since they say no players on the team are illegal immigrants." I don't believe them! If they were all legal then there would be no concern and they would be able to go.
    Anonymous

• Wow. I can't even believe that we're doing this in our own country. How is it that states within our own country are suddenly "unsafe" and China isn't?
    ACL2007

Answer by ACL2007 at 11:32 PM on May. 12, 2010

• They leaders of the school are obviously concerned that there would be some kind of paper searches and other things that would violate privacy and according to them the "safety" of the girls. I don't agree, but I can see what they're saying. How it's unsafe to carry a driver's license is beyond me. That's all they'd need, that or a government issued ID card which is required to fly anywhere these days. It's the world we live in people.
    ACL2007

Answer by ACL2007 at 11:34 PM on May. 12, 2010

• they obviously feel that one or more of their team members is not "safe" from being arrested in AZ because of being here in the USA illegally.
    Anonymous

• mamakirs

Answer by mamakirs at 11:47 PM on May. 12, 2010

• clappingheck yeah! love that mamakris

Anonymous