Should I go to my high school reunion

I wasn't very popular. I don't really keep in touch with anyone. It's a 4 hour drive. I think I'll be embarassed if I go and nobody really talks to me. Like why am I there? What do I have to prove? I look really good but I don't think anyone would care. If they didn't care about me then, they're not going to care about me now.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:36 PM on May. 12, 2010 in Relationships

• i think you should go. it might give you some closure.
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 11:38 PM on May. 12, 2010

• lol my lame ass class hasn't had anything yet.... i guess i'll hobble in to the 25 year reunion. i would only go if you want to see how other people turned out. if you're not that curious then skip it
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 11:42 PM on May. 12, 2010

• What I'm really asking is, what is it? What is it all about if you've gone? Is it all fakey? I don't want to go to anything all shallow and superficial and competitive.
    Anonymous

• I went to mine. I wasn't very popular either. I didn't look very good, lol. I was nine months pregnant so I was enormous but it was strangely satisfying to see the "cool kids" still behaving the exact same way they did in high school.
    Seeing that they hadn't grown as people or even moved out of that town made me feel better about the person I had become and the experiences I had given myself.

I expected to hate mine but I ended up having a lot of fun. You might be surprised. If you don't go, there's a chance you'll regret it.
    If you don't go, you'll never know what it would have been like.
    Worst case scenario, it's exactly what you think it will be...but you still get to have a road trip out of it and buy a new dress. So really I see it more as a win. :)
    Laila-May

Answer by Laila-May at 11:46 PM on May. 12, 2010

• We spent $100 last August going to my 20 yr reunion. That's $100 I wish I had back.
    lisa89j

Answer by lisa89j at 11:46 PM on May. 12, 2010

• Mine consisted of meeting at a bar and having people drink and mingle. I was pregnant so I didn't have the luxury of getting drunk. Lol!

Each reunion is different. It depends who is organizing it and what can be afforded.
    Laila-May

Answer by Laila-May at 11:47 PM on May. 12, 2010

• I say do what makes you feel comfortable, heck even you can take ur husband as a date and talk about so and so lol
    navajomama7

Answer by navajomama7 at 11:50 PM on May. 12, 2010

• I went to both of mine; to me it was important because they were people I'd grown up with. No, I wasn't popular. Didn't matter. I have nothing to prove. I just wanted to see people I hadn't seen in years, and I had a great time catching up with them. No competition, no "closure" needed. Just a chance to find out what had happened to old friends.

In your case, OP...I wouldn't bother. Doesn't sound like you'd get any enjoyment out of it.

Answer by gdiamante at 1:45 AM on May. 13, 2010

• I think if you still have a friend from high school to go with it might be interesting. I personally though high school was the worst institution ever created but I can't wait to go with my friend to our 10 year and laugh at everyone who hasn't changed.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:07 AM on May. 13, 2010

• I didn't get to go to my 10 year because we had other plans and the people who were setting it up didn't decide on a date until the last minute. From what I heard I didn't miss anything at all! I guess, everyone was bragging about how much money they made and how hot their wife/husband was. It was pretty much one big pissing contest, which isn't my style. I have heard from older people that the 20 year is much better than 10 year.
    Honestly, if you don't really care to see anybody than don't go. If you do go you might have fun and reconnect with some people?? You never know. I don't think it would be a mistake if you decided to go or if you decided not to go. Good luck with your decision.
    theutilitarian

Answer by theutilitarian at 4:07 AM on May. 13, 2010