• In the Spotlight:

Do you ever start to understand why some people go crazy and run off for a new life?

I would never ever ever abandon my baby but sometimes life gets so stressful and depressing that I start to think that those crazy people that run off to a new life really might not have been that crazy...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:31 AM on May. 13, 2010 in Relationships

• I get that feeling, I've been out at the clothesline thinking, I just have to get away. But I think it is normal to have times when you feel overwhelmed.
    I have a friend who has actually run away, left her DH & 4 kids to go on an adventure ( translate as dumped him to run off backpacking and sleeping around) . Her kids are devstated, her DH is a mess and she will never ever be able to repair the damage she has done to her relationship with all of them, or the people here trying to help him cope with being a suddenly-single Dad
    myheartx4

Answer by myheartx4 at 12:35 AM on May. 13, 2010

• Oh my YES! I love my kids and could never do that to them but at this moment in my life I can understand how they come to that.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:49 AM on May. 13, 2010

• Yeah I understand why. i have driven off once, just drove and drove. When I got about 3 hours away from home I desided that I would go see a movie. I totally needed to unplug from my crazy life. I went back home after words. things had changed a bit.
    mmmegan38

Answer by mmmegan38 at 1:01 AM on May. 13, 2010

• Yes. I like to pretend to run away. Stay gone for a few hours and pretend like I'm not going back, Though I always do.
    lstrickland

Answer by lstrickland at 1:44 AM on May. 13, 2010

• People handle stress in very different ways...we don't all process things in the same fashion. It sounds terrible and is terrible, but can understand how people can get so stressed out that they do not think clearly.
    rio_burb

Answer by rio_burb at 8:32 AM on May. 13, 2010