Did my water break?

I've been very gooey the last few hours or so, the liquid doesn't smell, and had no oder. Also, I can't seem to stop it like i ussualy can when it's just discharge. My obyn clinc isn't open right now..what should I do? My contractions are hurting, but not uncomfortable right now, and I'm overdue..

madamlinwe

Asked by madamlinwe at 1:12 AM on May. 13, 2010 in Pregnancy

• i would say your plug came out, if its your water breaking, ive never heard of it happening like that, but it might be possible. the best thing for you to do right now would be to call the hospital emergency room closest to you and speak to a nurse, or ust high-tail it up there. because once either one happens, your more likely to get an infection or things like that.
    jeanniegirl82

Answer by jeanniegirl82 at 1:14 AM on May. 13, 2010

• Uhh the HOSPITAL is open right now. Call.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:14 AM on May. 13, 2010

• lets play nice ladies, obviously cm is a place this soon to be mom has gone for many baby questions....Water breaking feels like you are peeing on yourself,,,,like you lost control of your bladder functions. But,,,,call the hospital now
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:18 AM on May. 13, 2010

• I@jeanie-i thought it was, but ussualy my plug is thicker, and not water, a big chunk of it did come out like a few hours ago though. I'll See if I can speak to a nurse. Thanks everyone!
    madamlinwe

Answer by madamlinwe at 1:28 AM on May. 13, 2010

• It sounds like a leaking water to me, it doesn't have to gush out. My water has only ever broke on its on 1/3 pregnancies. Sounds to me like your water broke. Which means, dont wait for those two minute apart contractions, get to the hospital.
    MJ_BN_FE

Answer by MJ_BN_FE at 2:27 AM on May. 13, 2010

• Sounds like you might wait until labor is at the point to head in~
    Are they close together?
    Are you near to the hospital?
    Have you kept everything out of your vagina (including gloved fingers)?
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 6:53 AM on May. 13, 2010

• I agree with MJ BN FE... When I went into labor with my son my water just leaked out, It didnt gush out. It was enough to get my panties wet eventually tho but it deffiantly didint look like I peed myself. But It wasnt gooey at all.... It honastly sounds like its your mucas plug. The plug may come out in a lump or as increased vaginal discharge over the course of several days or even a bit of both.
    jessran1218

Answer by jessran1218 at 5:59 PM on May. 13, 2010

• If your not sure you could always just go to the hospital and have them check to see if it was your water on not, just to be on the safe side.
    jessran1218

Answer by jessran1218 at 6:02 PM on May. 13, 2010