How long does it take to bail someone out of jail?

If you post bail for someone how long does it take after that before they are actually released?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:16 AM on May. 13, 2010 in Just for Fun

• when i had to do it for dh it only took a few hours. but he was only in for something really stupid, i dont know if that makes a difference
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:18 AM on May. 13, 2010

• Not long I would think.

Can I be nosy and ask who and what for?
    lstrickland

Answer by lstrickland at 1:20 AM on May. 13, 2010

• We have some classy people and their friends on CM!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:26 AM on May. 13, 2010

• I posted bail at 1pm and it is now 10:30pm and he is still not out. They told me 2-6 hours. It was also something really stupid, a 5 year old warrant for failure to pay a ticket and/or appear in court for littering. Just happened to run into a dickhead cop.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:27 AM on May. 13, 2010

• My bad for not mentioning he didn't know about the warrant. Nothing was ever issued to him, nor was it mentioned during the 6 times the sheriff personally delieved subpoenas to our house to testify as witnesses after we were robbed at gun point. But you're right, I will certainl remind him he is a dick head for tossing a soda can into a bush when he was 18!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:00 AM on May. 13, 2010

• Oh and $200 bail money may seem like a lot to you, but I really don't mind tossing it aside for something stupid yet important!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:01 AM on May. 13, 2010

• I worked in a Jail for 13 years. It takes as long as it takes. Period. He has to go through multiple stops before he is released. Re-fingerprinting, Clothing change, More warrant checks, Property pick-up, Etc. Every office he passes through has multiple inmates to deal with so get comfortable and wait. If he has more warrants that he "is unaware of" he may not get out at all.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:52 AM on May. 13, 2010

• An hour or two. It only took that long for my sister to be bailed out.
    danielp

Answer by danielp at 2:16 PM on May. 13, 2010