How bad were your cramps after you had the copper IUD inserted?

I had mine inserted this last friday. I had regular period cramps that came and went with it, but just now I'm having really sharp shooting pains, for the past half hour.
I don't know if it 's something bad or not...
I don't know if I'm just freaking my self out...
did you have cramps like these? or should I call my doctor?

Kalebs_mommy23

Asked by Kalebs_mommy23 at 1:18 AM on May. 13, 2010 in Health

• i myself have never had a iud, but my friend just went thru the same thing you are describing, she got hers removed, and has not had any more "cramps" like that since she got it taken out. the doctor told her there was nothing wrong with the placement, and everything looked good, but this is not to say its going to be the same with you. the best thing to do would be to clal your doctor early in the morning and make an emergency appt. usually hospitals have 24 hour hotlines you can call and speak to an RN about things like this and she can tell you if its serious enuff to have to be seen now, instead of waiting. it could be your body adjusting to the foreign object inside of you, or your bodys reaction to the added hormones.
    jeanniegirl82

Answer by jeanniegirl82 at 1:22 AM on May. 13, 2010

• I have the paraguard 10 year IUD, I had some bad cramps that lasted about a day, that came on about 3 days after I got it inserted. But they went away and never came back and I am fine, and I am so glad that I've got it now. But I would say if the pain continues I would definitely go to the doctor and get checked out anyway.
    BlainesMommy09

Answer by BlainesMommy09 at 1:48 AM on May. 13, 2010