are you allowed to bring food onto a plane???

me and my son are leaving friday for florida, and i planned on bagging up some snacks for him to eat on the plane. but my mom said she doesnt think your allowed to bring food on with you. is this true?? or does it vary by airline? im flying with airtran airways.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:51 AM on May. 13, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Call the airline ahead of time and ask. I heard recently that a toddler had apple juice in a sippy cup that had to be thrown out,,,so dont take chances
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:55 AM on May. 13, 2010

• formula is okay i think if it is sealed. but im pretty sure other than that, unless you buy it once you pass security, its not allowed. your airline should have a website with its rules and conditions on that posted
    sstokes86

Answer by sstokes86 at 1:55 AM on May. 13, 2010

• Yes you can. Drinks have to be unopened though.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:01 AM on May. 13, 2010

• Yes you can bring food. You aren't allowed to take any opened liquid through security though unless it is for an infant or medication.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:05 AM on May. 13, 2010

• Yes you can. As a matter of fact they have MANY restauraunts and quick food places all along the area where the gates are. You can grab food to take on the plane. It's VERY EXPENSIVE though. But, since most flights no longer serve food (uncless it's a very long flight) having that as an option is a good thing. You can't bring your own drinks in past security but you can bring snacks in your carry on bag.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:44 AM on May. 13, 2010