• In the Spotlight:

PERSONAL TIME...

MY SO AND I HAVE BEEN HAVING SOME DISAGREEMENTS ABOUT ACTIVITIES. EVERY OTHER WEEK OR ONCE A MONTH I WOULD LIKE TO GO OUT WITH MY FRIENDS, I WORK NIGHT SHIFT SO I AM USUALLY UP ALL NIGHT ANYWAY. HE IS GETTING UPSET WITH I GET HOME PAST MIDNIGHT, AND TOLD ME I NEED TO HANG OUT WITH OTHER MOMS AND NOT THE PEOPLE I SPEND TIME WITH NOW. (THE PEOPLE I SPEND TIME WITH NOW ARE COPS!!!) HE SAYS HE ISN'T JELOUS, BUT HE DOESN'T HAVE MANY FRIENDS AND WON'T GO AND DO THINGS ON HIS OWN. I AM NOT SURE IF THIS IS STARTING TO BE A CONTROLLING RELATIONSHIP, OR JUST HIM BEING JELOUS?!?! WHEN I DO GO OUT I MIGHT HAVE A COUPLE OF BEERS, AND WHEN HE FINDS OUT HE MAKES ME FEEL LIKE A HORRABLE MOM!!! I NEED ADVISE, DO I JUST DO WHAT HE WANTS AND DROP ALL MY FRIENDS OR DO I PUT UP A FIGHT? BTW MY DAUGHTER IS 9 MONTHS OLD AND I HAVE JUST STARTED GOING OUT.

TashaMarie349

Asked by TashaMarie349 at 1:51 AM on May. 13, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• You COMPROMISE. If it's his way or the highway, then he is too controlling.

Answer by gdiamante at 1:57 AM on May. 13, 2010

• i agree with the answer above. compromise is the way to go, and if hes not willing to do so on an issue like this, dont let him take it further. it will only get worse if you let him run you over on this one, trust me.
    jeanniegirl82

Answer by jeanniegirl82 at 2:02 AM on May. 13, 2010

• BUT IS IT WRONG FOR ME TO GO OUT WITH MY FRIENDS AND HAVE ALITTLE GROWN UP TIME?
    TashaMarie349

Answer by TashaMarie349 at 2:09 AM on May. 13, 2010

• Only wrong if you're doing it EVERY night and not spending ANY time at home. That's not what you're doing here.

And please...upper and lower case. All caps is hard to read and can prevent you from getting answers.

Answer by gdiamante at 2:23 AM on May. 13, 2010

• As long as your not driving home after a few beers and your not doing anything that you wouldn't want him to do then I would put up the fight and let him know that it's not every night and it's not once a week thing you need to have time to yourself and gather your thoughts and see your follow mommas. I don't see nothing wrong with what your doing at all.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:33 AM on May. 13, 2010

• Sorry at work we use all caps and I forget to take it off :(
    TashaMarie349

Answer by TashaMarie349 at 2:33 AM on May. 13, 2010

• I agree with gdiamante. If you are going out all the time and leaving him at home with the baby, that is going to cause problems. If it's just a night out that is not so bad. Do the two of you ever do anything together? Just the two of you? That might be the actual problem. He doesn't go out a lot, he sees you going out like it's no big deal, he probably feels left out. Not trying to bash or pry but I didn't notice anything about that in your post.
    wildflowers25

Answer by wildflowers25 at 11:41 AM on May. 13, 2010