Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I need to send my daughter away to college. Has anyone found a way to pay

for it? My credit is not good and I don't think I would get a loan.She had a tough time this last semester at community college because she was sick and unmotivated. I don't think she would get scholarships because of this. Any ideas?

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 2:14 AM on May. 13, 2010 in Adult Children (18+)

Answers (6)
  • Start HERE:

    SHE needs to get student loans in HER name. You don't take them out.

    There's also the will pay for college in return for service.

    Answer by gdiamante at 2:21 AM on May. 13, 2010

  • Your DD and You need to go and speak with the collage staff like her advisor will help her along the way. See and look into what opintions she has for loans and what not.

    Answer by Anonymous at 2:21 AM on May. 13, 2010

  • Scholarships (there are not only sports scholarship, she can get a scholarship for being left handed), grants, FAFSA.

    Answer by Anonymous at 2:33 AM on May. 13, 2010

  • FAFSA!!! Federal Aide For Student Assistant. It is where you see if you qualify for Stafford Loans, Perkins Loans, Pell Grants, etc.

    Answer by twinsplus2more at 11:10 AM on May. 13, 2010

  • rkoloms

    Answer by rkoloms at 6:55 PM on May. 13, 2010

  • Have her apply for grants. There is a lot of money from the government set aside for college bound students, They do not need to paid back.

    Answer by WinterDaisey at 1:23 PM on May. 27, 2010

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.