What should happen?

My hubby just got a job 3 hours away. I go to school that I just started a month ago. Now we just moved here 4 months ago and my hubby didnt look for a job here at all. just one day his friend calls and tells him he will get 600 a week in cash for remodeling some homes his boss bought. well he has been working 3 weeks now with them and is only getting 600 now. What pisses me off is that we have bills piling up and I have to get rides to school from my relatives that have they're own busy lifes. We only have one car. So I have no way to get around. What is worse is that he took our food stamps card with him. (he stays there at his brothers while he works) It is not that I dont believe that is working I know he is but he lets the money thing slid so the boss will keep him. I just want him to look for a job here!! Is that too much to ask?? We live in a big city!! When I tell him how I feel he turns it on me. I am pregnant too

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:23 AM on May. 13, 2010 in Relationships

• He should try and find a job closer to home and if he stays at his brothers all week he shouldnt take the food stamp card how do you and your children eat! sounds to me that hes being selfish, he should try and find something that will take care of his family
    hope things get better:)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:28 AM on May. 13, 2010

• He makes six hundred a week and you get food stamps? That is shocking i make four hundred a week and cant even get on wic much less foodstamps. Oh and i dont really understand what you are asking.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:31 AM on May. 13, 2010

• **shrug** I consider three hours to be a commuter distance. He should be coming home. (Mine drives 95 miles in LA traffic...regularly a three hour commute. He's home every night.)

And he needs to look for something closer.

AND you need to NOT alloiw him to take the food stamps.

AND you need him to get direct deposit of his pay so it's not frittered away.

Answer by gdiamante at 2:31 AM on May. 13, 2010

• he turns it on you because he knows he isnt being there for you when you need it most. if oyure alone like that all the time, why need him at all? i know its much more complicated than that, but the point is, he does need to get a closer job. with the traveling, he porbably isnt making much more than he would be at a minimum wage job in the city you live in to begin with. he needs to come home. i would put my foot down on this one if i were you. i am pregnant right now, and my husbands old boss wants him to come back to work for here cuz he couldnt get a job where we moved to, but she wanted him to actually stay with her and save enuff money to come back and get me. we are in indiana, and the job is in alabama. yes really. i told him strait up, if you leave, dont come back. i didnt need that, and you dont need that stress either honey. make a decision and stick to it. you have to do what is right for you.
    jeanniegirl82

Answer by jeanniegirl82 at 2:31 AM on May. 13, 2010

• First of all you and the child are at home with no money and the FS card is in his pocket?! He is selfish and he is only thinking of himself and that is WRONG and Im sure you have realized that. He needs to stand up to this boss guy and tell him that he needs his money NOW. You need to put your foot down NOW also.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:40 AM on May. 13, 2010

Thats probably part of why he is working a job that is paying him cash, so its not on the books, another abuse of the system. It just looks like he is unemployed, so they are probably getting the full amount too.

To the op, you can try and convince him to find a job there, maybe do the looking for him. I dont think it is healthy for a relationship to live that way. So either you have to move to where he is, or he has to try to find a job and move back. But please stop abusing the system. Public assistance is there for a reason, not so people can take advantage of it.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:47 AM on May. 13, 2010

• OP here he has not gotten 600 a week he has worked for 3 weeks and is only getting 600. He was told he was going to be getting 600 a week but that is not what is happening he is going to be on the books next week.
    Anonymous