How often should married men with 3 kids have "guy days"

My husband loves to fish and golf. He wants to do it every Sunday. We have 3 kids. I want him to go to church with us then go do something with the family. When he comes home-he naps. How often should he do this? I think twice a month and not every single weekend! What do you think? He works long hours during the week and we don't see him much and miss him!

flowermom76

Asked by flowermom76 at 2:33 AM on May. 13, 2010 in Relationships

• I agree with you, but you need to make HIM agree with you. Find something you both can live with instead of just telling him what you think he should be doing.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:35 AM on May. 13, 2010

• i wish my dh only wanted to go out to fish or golf on sundays my dh use to go out every weekend to drink or fish or other things i would get so mad b/c he also worked long hrs and we never seen him he finally started going out on sat nights every other weekend and sometimes less...
    i would say once a month, do you get a chance to go out with some girlfriends
    Anonymous

• Twice a month sounds like a good compromise. I would talk things out a man needs time with the guys just as much mommas need time with the ladys or just with no children.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:36 AM on May. 13, 2010

• and i really hope that you two can agree on something and u get to see hubby more :):)
    Anonymous

• i think guys should get to have guy days as much as we women want women days. how often is too often is up to the both of you to compromise and decide on. i personally dont think once a week is too much, but everyones different. make a day once a week to have a girls night or day out. yes the kids will miss you just like they miss daddy, but they will be ok. and as for the nap, if he gets one, so should you. schedule it. talk about it. if hes not willing to even do that, well, you got someserious thinking to do. if he works that many hours in the week, and wants a guy day for sunday, then make saturday the family day. go over as many options as you can think of.
    jeanniegirl82

Answer by jeanniegirl82 at 2:37 AM on May. 13, 2010

• Twice a month sounds like a great compromise...but don't be surprised if he says no church. In fact, I'd take that part off the table to see if it helps. I know neither my husband nor my father would go near a church for anything but a wedding or a funeral.

Answer by gdiamante at 2:38 AM on May. 13, 2010

• Dh works 2 months straight and then is off for 7 days (BLOWS)... but I give him as much "Him" time as possible. I agree with PP, twice a month sounds like a great compromise.
    4xsthetrouble

Answer by 4xsthetrouble at 2:44 AM on May. 13, 2010

• Thanks! I do like my girl time but I will go 2-3 hours (movies-workin' out-etc.) His guy time is aaaaall day long and with a 4 month old baby girl, a very busy 2 yr. old and a 9 year old-I want more family time on the weekends. He will get up at 6 a.m. to fish-come home at 1-and be so tired he will sleep till 4 then wants me to serve him dinner, change the diapers,clean the house. I want him to spend time with us but I also need his help. I do it all-and a whole day doesn't seem right.
    flowermom76

Answer by flowermom76 at 2:52 AM on May. 13, 2010

• You definitely need more "girl" time, then. Maybe you could alternate Sundays—one for you, one for him. Just because he does 6am to 4, doesn't mean you couldn't do Noon-8.
    SWasson

Answer by SWasson at 6:38 AM on May. 13, 2010