How long do I rest a calf cramp after running?

I think I ran too long last week-have a calf cramp and it kills when I run. How long do I need to rest?

flowermom76

Asked by flowermom76 at 2:58 AM on May. 13, 2010 in Diet & Fitness

• well, a calf cramp doesnt come from running you did last week, although a pulled or bruised muscle might.a cramp comes on very suddenly when youre in the middle of running, and should never be rubbed out, only move your leg muscle in different ways till it goes away. put ice on it if its a pulled muscle and lay off for a week or so. hope maybe this helps. good luck!
    jeanniegirl82

Answer by jeanniegirl82 at 3:08 AM on May. 13, 2010

• try hot and cold compresses and continue to flex your foot back and forth.
    Anonymous

• R.I.C.E Rest, ice, compression elevation. If your leg is hurting and gets worse as you run, you need to let it heal. If the pain goes away when you run, then you can probably start back slowly. Try back slowly, cutting it down and stopping when the pain starts again. Add back no more than 10% weekly.
    Mom_2_cuties

Answer by Mom_2_cuties at 9:09 PM on May. 13, 2010

• This happened to me a year ago my doc told me to switch warm to cold compresses every 30 mins. Also you need potassium in your muscles to help from cramping! A lot of water!!!
    ddsunshine

Answer by ddsunshine at 10:46 AM on May. 15, 2010