• In the Spotlight:

Mommies to older boys or girls, do you ever just hug them for no reason...read on lol....

So if you have a teen son or daughter I am sure your going through all their changes with them. Sometimes you might feel like you want to pull all the grey hair you have gotten out. Maybe sometimes you may feel like your just so angry that you dont even want to hug them. Well today, my son came out of his room today, and I dont know what came over me but I just hugged him tight, gave him a kiss on his cheek and told him that I loved him very much. lmbo...he was like ummm ok, I love you to ma. He smirked so he liked it, lol but he will never say that. But yes these kids drive us nuts sometimes, but they are still our kids. One day when things are quiet and your not upset about something they may have done, just hug them...hug them tight and show them that you mean it. They will always remember this! I wish my mom did that more often, and didnt only talk about the bad. ;)

bellamommyof4

Asked by bellamommyof4 at 3:28 AM on May. 13, 2010 in General Parenting

• I do it too. My mom wasn't very good at this either. I kinda feel like I was the fourth out of five kids and was the least trouble, so I kinda got the shaft in the attention department. I make sure to hug each of my kids as often as they let me. My oldest has started resisting, but too bad I hug him anyway!
    Thanks for the reminder!
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 3:32 AM on May. 13, 2010

• i know exactly what you mean! how all moms think their child is the most beautiful person in the world too. sometimes i just stare and my son catches me and says "what are you looking at me for, do i have something on my face, dont do that!", lol. hugs and kisses are the best when they arent for any other reason than to say i love you! i wish my mom had done it more often too.
    jeanniegirl82

Answer by jeanniegirl82 at 3:34 AM on May. 13, 2010

• The thing is ladies, we hug our babies and our younger kids so much because we still think of them as our babies, and they are! I am always cuddling up with my twin girls that are seven, we actually have a thing where I will be sitting on the sofa or laying int he bed and I yell "come hug ya mamma" lol...and they scream momm!!!! and love it. they come hug me and kiss me. then they of course say, ok mom by...I carly is on or something! But with my older boys, they act like ewww gross, dont give me hugs and kisses, they are like for what?? But when i do hug them, they smile or laugh but try and push me a bit, but trust me my boys are strong if they really didnt want their mommy to hug them, they wouldnt let me. But today, I did that, and he just smirked and was like umm ok love you to mom. But your kid is never to old to hug! I will hug them and kiss them when they are older and all grown up to! yup I sure will!!
    bellamommyof4

Answer by bellamommyof4 at 3:40 AM on May. 13, 2010

• I have to admit that I hug my teenage son way more than my teenage daughter. He has always been more affectionate and a bit of a mama's boy. My daughter never was the huggy, kissy type. However I have noticed in the last few weeks that she has been kissing me good night and hugging me for no reason. Really coming out of her comfort zone. She is 17 and I think she is not quite as ready for the world as she once thought. She needs me to be her soft place to fall because being a teen can be tough. My kids will always be my babies, I will protect them always and cuddles are always welcome.
    CelticFaerie

Answer by CelticFaerie at 8:32 AM on May. 13, 2010

• I have 5 kids 24,19,16,5 and 4. I hug the crap outa my kids every chance I get. My girls love it...we are close. My little boys love it too. My oldest...a boy loves to love his momma. We are very close!
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 11:23 AM on May. 13, 2010

• We all need to hug our kids regardless of the things they do. i will continue to do this now that i am talking about it. Watch out boys, mamma's coming for ya lol!
    bellamommyof4

Answer by bellamommyof4 at 5:55 PM on May. 13, 2010