Is anyone else like a tiger with her cubs, when it comes to her kids. teens or younger kids??

I was told today by someone that I am like a lion with her cubs lol. She said seriously cindy,you come out with the claws and all. I was like ok, is that a good thing or a bad thing? hmm...still wondering. But no matter what, weather it was good or bad, I guess I am!I am very protective when it comes to my kids, and I sometimes embarrass them, when I stand up for them. They are like omg mom please dont come to the school for the teacher saying that lol.But in a way they know I am going to deffend them because they still tell me everything.I am never out of control or anything like that but my sarcastic kill with kindness bitch attitude p's people off when I comfront them about my kids.For example, my daughters lunch aide was being really rude to her. I went in their and told her to watch how she talks to my kid. I did not do it in front of my child,but I did it calmly,and she didnt know what to say. Dont mess with my kids ;)

bellamommyof4

Asked by bellamommyof4 at 3:36 AM on May. 13, 2010 in General Parenting

• I am very protective of my child and I will be till the day i die that is part of being her mother and in my eyes and heart I am the best mother and only momma that she will ever have and I will do anything to protect her. You go momma LOL
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:58 AM on May. 13, 2010

• All I can say is go get 'em Mom!! I'm always very protective of not only my kids, but the stepboys, DH, sisters...family in general..friends and lol yes even my ex had DH's ex. (her & I are friends too) It's just part of who I am, that and I've been trying to Mother Hen all my friends since I was like 10! I see no reason to worry, if you are, because one day they well know it's because you love them.

In my case the really cool part is that my DD is becoming the same way. She hasn't had any kids yet, but in school she almost got into a few fist fights, defending a couple of her friends. She thought I'd get mad for being called to the office and such...I wasn't, like I told the principal at our meeting (which the DD was not there) the guy had it coming & was lucky a 5' 105 lb girl hadn't kicked his @$$! lol The funny thing is the principal agreed with me, she got detention at school...but not at home.
    daisy521

Answer by daisy521 at 6:08 AM on May. 13, 2010

• I can't fault you for being protective. I am very protective of not only my child, but nieces, nephews, friends, etc. The way I see it is this, kids can't really defend themselves to adults, after all they are kids. That is why, it is our responsibility as adults to make sure they are treated fairly in every situation.
    That being said, I also let them take responsibility for their own actions. For instance, if my son broke my neighbor's window, could they come out and scream and yell at him and throw a fit? Not without me attacking, lol. Could they come over and talk to me, let me pay them for the window and make him work it off at home, or give him some "odd jobs" to do to earn the money to pay for that window, you bet!
    mommy11260

Answer by mommy11260 at 9:27 AM on May. 13, 2010

• I think that is great. I think for a child to always know they have someone in their corner is an extremely important gift. I always knew that and it gave me confidence and security. Other kids were sort of at the mercy of everyone else because the parents would always side with the school or whatever. I want my child to know that if an adult is acting in a way that is wrong, I will back them up. Of course, making sure honesty is very important to your child is also a part of this dynamic. But my friends, many of whom were very troubled, had this terrible sense of alienation and lonliness, and I think that is why they were troubled and generally in trouble. They had nobody in their corner, it was the whole world against them, very hard to be a good person/student/child in that situation. Kudos!
    Bellarose0212

Answer by Bellarose0212 at 10:14 AM on May. 13, 2010

• i think it's a wonderful thing when moms stand up for their kids. So many kids are on their own, and it just isn't right. Darn right i defended my kids when they were younger, and even now that they are old enough to fight their own battles, if they need me, i am right there.
    inkydorei

Answer by inkydorei at 10:19 AM on May. 13, 2010

• I am a mother tiger when it comes to my cubs too. If you don't protect your kids, who will?
    Bethsunshine

Answer by Bethsunshine at 10:30 AM on May. 13, 2010

• That is all women. Call,say,do what you will to me...but F with my children and your are F-ing with the wrong Marine!
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 11:21 AM on May. 13, 2010

• I feel the same way of course, as you can see as all of you do! I might be a bit rough around the edges with some that F with my kids, but hey dont play with my kids. ;)
    bellamommyof4

Answer by bellamommyof4 at 5:54 PM on May. 13, 2010