Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

should i do another d&c or wait for nature to take its course?

i went for my 12wks check up and was told the baby had no heart beats,so i had to be induced,followed by d&c,just got home 3days ago but i still have serious and frequent cramps ,went back to my doc and he told me there are placental remainant and i may have to do another d&c or wait for few days for it to come out but he is not 100% sure it will come out on its own .pls advice on what to do if you are in my shoe.thanks


Asked by happymum113 at 3:42 AM on May. 13, 2010 in Pregnancy

Level 1 (0 Credits)
This question is closed.
Answers (7)
  • i am sorry for what your going through, my niece had the exact same situation as you, the Dr told her it could take up to 7 days, and it happened on the 7th I would give it a few more days if you can. Look after your self. :-(

    Answer by Princess_s21 at 4:01 AM on May. 13, 2010

  • See what your doctor saids and go from there.

    Answer by Anonymous at 3:49 AM on May. 13, 2010

  • i am so sorry. i know how you feel. i miscarried a few years ago. it was so hard. and very painful. i would wait and see for a few days. then if still nothing then consider another d&c. i had to take medicine to help the miscarriage along. my body did not want to let it go. :( very sad.
    get some rest and be easy on your self and your heart. you will take time some time to heal physicly and emotionaly.
    i am so sorry. i cooped myself up in my bed with a hot water bottle on my tummy and several good movies. only soming out to eat. : ) best wishes to you hun.

    Answer by Preggydyke at 3:54 AM on May. 13, 2010

  • Give it a few more days then do the D&C.

    Answer by louise2 at 5:50 AM on May. 13, 2010

  • Gowith what the Doctor says. I'm sorry.....

    Answer by gertie41 at 10:02 AM on May. 13, 2010

  • im sorry for your loss. i know exactly how you feel. I went for my 10 week check up and there was no heartbeat. I had a d&c the following day and within 2 weeks I was cramping and bleeding and had to have a second d&c. I ended up losing over half the blood in my body. i would definatly talk to your doctor.

    Answer by luvsgriffin at 10:26 AM on May. 13, 2010

  • I had the same problem. I let it go and bled off and on for months (besides during my period). I ended up having another D&C. It is your body trying to expell what ever is still left inside. Go to the Dr. ASAP & as soon as it is safe for your body, have another D&C.

    Answer by Anonymous at 11:39 AM on May. 13, 2010