Timothy 2:11-14 A woman should learn in quietness and full submission. 12 I do not permit a woman to teach or to have authority over a man; she must be silent. 13 For Adam was formed first, then Eve. 14 And Adam was not the one deceived; it was the woman who was deceived and became a sinner.

Any thoughts?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:20 AM on May. 13, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• none that isn't going to get a diatribe from Daphna
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:37 AM on May. 13, 2010

• LMAO....yea, and the bible wasn't written by men!! (rolls eyes)

sahmamax2

Answer by sahmamax2 at 7:46 AM on May. 13, 2010

• yeah, right, submissive in his dreams!

Answer by older at 7:51 AM on May. 13, 2010

• You have to remember the time in which the Bible was written. That's how things were done then. I'm not sure, but I don't believe these were the words of Jesus that Timothy was quoting. He was giving his opinion. I find most of what I learn, I learn from the word of Jesus and my relationship with Him. I'm not against the Bible or anything, but man did write it, and every person has their own interpretation for what Jesus says to them. It's bound to have flaws.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:52 AM on May. 13, 2010

• I didn't mean to go anonymous. ^^
    acurran88

Answer by acurran88 at 7:53 AM on May. 13, 2010

• Haha of course it says a woman should be submissive -it was written by a man! If it was written by women it would say "and he shall bring forth chocolate, and it shall be good"...
    myheartx4

Answer by myheartx4 at 8:01 AM on May. 13, 2010

• we got the crappy half of adam, lmfao
    angevil53

Answer by angevil53 at 8:12 AM on May. 13, 2010

• my thoughts, honestly, are why do people who have no belief or hold no importance to the biblical scriptures think their thoughts have any validity on this verse, or any other (from the bible). its like me answering a question on witchcraft or zeus. just sayin'..

i for one do not adhere to the 'submission of women', as most think of it. my first thought is, 'that's rubbish'..however, if you knew what this verse were actually addressing about that particular church at that time, you'd know there were women causing problems with interruptive behavior (for whatever reasons) in the church..and like a pp said, women have always been looked at as 2nd-class. a CMforum from just 100yrs ago probably wouldn't find anything wrong with this verse, much less be in existence for women. like the ad says, 'you've come a long way, baby.'..it ain't just biblical hoohoo.
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 8:33 AM on May. 13, 2010

• Everyone has a right to an opinion. Hearing a different point of view might do you some good!

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:56 AM on May. 13, 2010

• Of course everybody with any belief can look at that an form an oppinion. It's in black and white. more proof just a book written by just a man.
    mommom2000

Answer by mommom2000 at 9:01 AM on May. 13, 2010