how can I discipline a mouthly 12 year old girl?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:23 AM on May. 13, 2010 in Teens (13-17)

• tell her you are gonna pop her in the mouth if she doesnt watch it..and if she continues..pop that mouth.
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 8:25 AM on May. 13, 2010

• Take away priveleges.. Cell phone (if she has one) video games, computer time, television, time with friends.. Extra chores, make her write an essay about why it's not ok to talk to you like that.. There are lots of things you can do besides hitting her in the mouth..
    Ren_Ren

Answer by Ren_Ren at 8:38 AM on May. 13, 2010

• Definitely make sure you follow through with the punishment that you decide on for her talking back. But also make sure to spend time with her. Sometimes she might be mouthy because she's cranky. Hanging out with her one-on-one might improve that mood.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:40 AM on May. 13, 2010

• Start by taken away things she likes, maybe her cell phone, ect. tell she doesnt get it back until she shapes up. If they protest loudly then you know you took the right thing away. You may hear" I hate you" but what she actually saying is "keep up the good work mom, your doing a fine job!" When you kid grows up to be a respectable adult then you know you did the right thing to raise her right.
    nurdreams

Answer by nurdreams at 8:41 AM on May. 13, 2010

• Ax soon as she does it surprise her by slapping her or popping her in the mouth that would Learn her.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:53 AM on May. 13, 2010

• She isn't too old to spank, and if you've never done it before, it will be quite a shock to her. Mouthiness is a sign of disrespect for you and for your authority in the home. It should not be tolerated-for your good, her good, and the good of everyone else with whom she will come in contact. I would simply tell her that it will not be tolerated, and I would spank her. Actually, I would not have to spank her, because her daddy would do it for me. One of our sons recently remembered to me the last time that he was spanked by his dad, after he was a teen-ager. He also told me he was thankful that his dad did that, because he had mouthed off about something and he needed to have been spanked! I know that times have changed, but the effeciveness of spanking has not. This son is now 32, but he still remembers that he was loved enough that bad behavior and disrespect were not tolerated in our home.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:00 AM on May. 13, 2010

• Does she have a cell phone, DSI, anything that she can have access to the internet, if so take it away. IMO from what I've noticed with our sons friends (13) they have this sense of entitlement. It creates monsters. Take her down a few notches, give her chores, and lots of them until she figures out you are to be respected. IMO it sounds like to me you've created this monster, so you're going to have the fun job of fixing it before it's too late. GL... Just one more reason our boys won't have a cell phone, etc until they can pay for it themselves.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:09 AM on May. 13, 2010

• tell her that she must talk to you with respect. for you are her parent. and she's not to disrespect a parent or other adults for that matter. And if she doesn't stop your going to pop her in the mouth. and if it still goes on you're going to start to take some of her favorite things away, like cell phone , computer, being with her friends, . untill she starts showing you that she is mature enough to not disrespect you any more.
    incarnita

Answer by incarnita at 9:17 AM on May. 13, 2010

• Does she expect you to do things for her like drive her places and stuff like that? Well, if she can't be respectful to you, you don't need to do all the things that she "needs". If she can't treat you and others with respect, then she can sit in her room until she either gets old enough to move out or changes her attitude. You really have to stay consistant with this or she is never going to change, in fact, it will get worse. Trust me in this. My husband's daughter lived with us and she was a selfish little smart ass. The older she got, the worse it got. She had this attitude that everyone owed her and no matter how bad she acted, she wanted more and more. Nip it in the bud or you are going to be sorry.
    azhlynne

Answer by azhlynne at 9:23 AM on May. 13, 2010

• Do you have a cam-corder? If so, hide it somewhere and record her having a tantrum. then later show it to her so she can see how silly she looks.
    renea20

Answer by renea20 at 9:31 AM on May. 13, 2010