What can I say to a friend recently diagnosised with breast cancer?

A close family friend has recently been diagnosis with breast cancer, it was caught early and removed and she has an extremely high chance of survival. She does have to have radiation and chemo. I want to let her know I am thinking of er but just don't know what to say... Any ideas??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:59 AM on May. 13, 2010 in Just for Fun

• my aunt has that and so does my cousin just be there for her let her know your thinking about her  get something pink and let her know that you support her  that is what i did i got a hat to support my aunt and i wear it ever day for 2 yrs  i do wash it lol  but just let her know that you care

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:12 AM on May. 13, 2010

• Tell her, if you can, that you're there if she needs any help, etc, during treatment. She's going to be sick off and on and need someone to do little things for her. Her family will need help to. Make yourself available to her, she's not going to ask you, so offer, maybe ask her if you can bring supper over once a week or something. Or watch her kids, anything to help out.
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 9:12 AM on May. 13, 2010

• pink ribbon

nakita72

Answer by nakita72 at 9:12 AM on May. 13, 2010

• I have a friend struggling with cancer as well. Just tell her that if she needs anything ( meals, errands, child care help,or a shoulder to cry on) you'll be there for her.
    Bethsunshine

Answer by Bethsunshine at 9:35 AM on May. 13, 2010

• Attach yourself to her hip. She just needs support and someone she can say anything to. You don't have to say anything, she'll get the message because you will just be there. I said a prayer for you today.
    Queenbee0317

Answer by Queenbee0317 at 10:24 AM on May. 13, 2010

• i am here for you i love you i am scared but we will get through this together .........if she is your friend then you should be able to express your feelings...good luck
    sunflower39346

Answer by sunflower39346 at 10:51 AM on May. 13, 2010

• Tell her to fight it with all her might, and that is not the end.

Answer by older at 10:54 AM on May. 13, 2010

• As one who's there and in a sad case. Where I feel awful for all that I'm going through. Please try to be strong for her! Offer her all kinds of things! I know how I can't cook, clean or do things I need to! We're jobless here and I can't even afford necessities. My heart aches for her! It aches for you and her family. There's so much to go through. A long process. Loss of this and that. Deep crying jags and everything. Even some nice cards. Some treats! For me many foods & liquids I like all taste awful, burn and all. Many foods I love I can't tolerate! Even smells.. Also your skin may dry out. Hair loss. The Stress. Etc.. Some nice bath gels to help.. Any thing pampering.. A call. A message on the 'machine. I know there's times I can't take a call. Or leave my Bed Etc.. Anything you can do for her! Will help!! Like me I'd Love a floor mopping!! A Task, help or a duty. But I'd never ask or be a burden. I wish she gets Well
    Angellinda

Answer by Angellinda at 10:57 AM on May. 13, 2010

• Let her know she is loved, and you are supporting her in any way she needs. Now is the time for her to lean on you if that is what she needs. I'm praying for her and for you,Hon.
    Robsmommy

Answer by Robsmommy at 5:26 PM on May. 13, 2010