How can I look in the mirror? I look & feel so terrible!

I'm going through Breast cancer. Losing my looks, I look and feel awful. Like "walking dead"! My chest area looks like I was in this big knife fight! Its a pure horror. I can't afford any comfort items. For all my issues Etc.. Plus+ we're jobless here and I can't afford just the necessities of life. So my health is so poor. I'm a burden. But how do I look in the mirror? How do I go on? When I'm a zombie? Any good Advice, tips, solutions Etc?? I'm alone and live in a rural secluded area. This is a very bad time for me! All my Hopes & dreams are shattering. I had some big life's moments.. coming up. But I'm not feeling up to any celebrations for I'm a ghostly looking person. Sorry for TMI & my feeling so fragile. Hoping for some words to encourage. Thank you!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:19 AM on May. 13, 2010 in Just for Fun

• You woke up this morning right? You were given another day. You're here for a reason so make the most of it. I can't say I know how you feel, so I'm truly sorry you're going through this and feel alone. Maybe look into a breast cancer survivors group in your area. You have to get out there and let it be known that it didn't take you down. When you do look in the mirror you should see a very strong and brave woman. Embrace your family, get them involved with you so you're not going through this alone. If they don't want to then it's time to find those that will. I'm proud of you for reaching out here on cafemom. I wish there was more I could do. You can message me anytime if you just want to vent..
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 9:31 AM on May. 13, 2010

• If you don't want to look in the mirror, don't. You are sick and going through a hard time. You're allowed to look like you've been hit by a bus. The people who know you and love you wouldn't care if your skin turned orange with green stripes and pink polka dots. They just see you.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:48 AM on May. 13, 2010