Double or single... Which one?

When purchasing a kitchen sink SS would you buy a double or a single sink. I know the single are less expensive but I feel like the double is a pain at times. Why did they even invent the double sink anyway?.. Just curious..
I'd personally would like the single but I want to hear any experiences on these two, Thanks!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:29 AM on May. 13, 2010 in Home & Garden

• Double, I lived in a house with a single sink and it's a pain in the butt! When I wash in one side I want to be able to rinse in the other. Also I have a garbage disposal and I don't want that sink full of soapy water when I want to rinse something down it, and then put it in the dishwasher, or wash it. I can't put everything in my dishwasher so I have to wash some things by hand and I want an empty sink to rinse in. I think I repeated myself but you get my point,lol....
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 9:35 AM on May. 13, 2010

• Double. It is so much easier when you are washing dishes.
    mrsbean08

Answer by mrsbean08 at 9:49 AM on May. 13, 2010

• Even with a dishwasher I use one side to rinse then I set those dishes in the other side where they wait to be loaded in the dishwasher. However, if you stay on top of your dishes I don't see why a single sink would be a problem.
    Sara.Robyson

Answer by Sara.Robyson at 9:53 AM on May. 13, 2010

• I got a double,, but the side that the garbage disposal is on is about 1/4 of the whole sink,,,I love it because I can scrape the plates before putting them in the sink water,, and that part is big enough for large dishes to soak etc.. It is stainless steel and I thnk I paid about 250 for it... Your probably going to need new faucets as well,, and I love the kind that you can hand hold if you need to awesome,,for dishes givng the dog a bath,, and rinsing out the trash can!
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 9:53 AM on May. 13, 2010

• Double....But I got the double with the larger left hand sink and a small right hand sink (where the garbage disposal is installed). I would never have a single sink. When I do have to hand wash dishes....I scrap the disposal material in the small sink, wash in the big sink rinse in the small sink and put on a towel to dry.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 11:42 AM on May. 13, 2010

• I have an evenly split double, and my only complaint about it is that both sinks are a little too small to put really large pans fully into them. The doubles with the little sink for the garbage disposal seem to have a real, full-sized second sink. I'd go for one of those in the future.
    SWasson

Answer by SWasson at 11:58 AM on May. 13, 2010

• double
    sunflower39346

Answer by sunflower39346 at 1:57 PM on May. 13, 2010

• We have a double sink also and I love it!
    Mina2904

Answer by Mina2904 at 5:07 PM on May. 13, 2010

• We have a Kohler double sink with a smart divide. The divider is lower than regular sinks and I LOVE it. It's cast iron, though, so I don't know if they have the smart divide in stainless steel.
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 6:30 PM on May. 13, 2010

• My SIL has a single...NIGHTMARE!!!!! Even with her dishwasher it is just a pain in the butt!
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 1:14 PM on May. 14, 2010