hubby cheated over 1 yr ago... should i be worried about std??

i am pretty sure my husband cheated on me over a year ago... maybe less... i never confronted him about it... i must be stupid because i never even thought about an std... should i be tested or talk to a dr??? i have NO symptoms or anything... but are there any silent, symptom free stds?? probably never thought of an std because i am still in denial about it.... pretty sure it is not going on any more because we moved to another country..... i must just be stupid... stupid to not say anything to him and stupid not do anything about it!!!

signed->stupid

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:44 AM on May. 13, 2010 in Relationships

• Well there are several STD's that can remain silent,, the biggest one is AIDS,, but if you have never talked to him about it, how can you know for sure? I think this has been weighing on your mind,,,and you need to have a LONG talk with your hubby. I also think you need an OBGYN appointment to get blood tests and STD test..You are probably 100% fine, but just to be sure. So sorry momma!
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 9:48 AM on May. 13, 2010

• I would have had another screening as soon as I suspected, and suspended all sexual activities.Get checked. ANY time I suspect something is a miss, it's off to the clinic- better safe than sorry, always.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 9:50 AM on May. 13, 2010

• It never hurts to be checked out but if it comes out you have an STD your going have to confront your husband. If you dont you could run the risk of geting it back.No your not stuid for anything you are feeling but you do need to talk to him about your suspetions because you cannot live the rest of your life wondering if you husband is cheating.If he is a cheater being in another country will not stop him from cheating, It just be more new people to meet. So you have to talk to him now, you dont want to left in another country home alone while he is tom catting around.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:01 AM on May. 13, 2010

• Don't beat yourself up. Just get tested and stop the worrying.

Answer by admckenzie at 10:13 AM on May. 13, 2010

• ugh, i went thru this just a few months ago. i was SO embarrassed to go to my dr and ask for STD screening--was even crying in the exam room while i told her what happened. Better safe than sorry tho.

So sorry you are going thru this.
    inkydorei

Answer by inkydorei at 10:55 AM on May. 13, 2010

• Definitely yes! You should be getting a yearly check up and std screening at least 1x/yr anyways, no matter if you're married or not. I hate that some women sit back and get comfortable after they are married especially since some stds stay dormant for yrs.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:40 AM on May. 13, 2010