NBC Poll: Nearly two-thirds back AZ law Are you surprised?

Nearly two-thirds of Americans back Arizona's new anti-illegal immigration law, which makes it a state crime for a person to be in the country illegally. The law also requires local and state law enforcement officials to question people about their immigration status if they suspect they’re in the country illegally.

Complain all you want, you are in the minority.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:16 AM on May. 13, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• Not surprised at all and I think you will see more states jumping on this band wagon.....Sadly I doubt my state ever will...which is why we are now looking at purchasing a second home in Az
    mamakirs

Answer by mamakirs at 10:28 AM on May. 13, 2010

• Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:18 AM on May. 13, 2010

• Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:19 AM on May. 13, 2010

• Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:20 AM on May. 13, 2010

• I'm Hispanic and think this law is a good idea. I am going to Arizona next month on vacation, and feel completely comfortable with the law.

I think in two or three months this will all blow over when people finally accept that the state is merely following FEDERAL LAW, and accept the fact that not all law enforcement officers are racist pigs.

People are making too much of it.
    mancosmomma

Answer by mancosmomma at 10:27 AM on May. 13, 2010

• Nope , not me. Not surprised at all.
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 10:29 AM on May. 13, 2010

• I'm surprised NBC published the poll. The numbers, not so much.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:39 AM on May. 13, 2010

• Two-thirds of AMERICA? I didn't take that poll! Were you contacted for your answer? Anyone? Two-thirds of WHO?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:59 AM on May. 13, 2010

• While I agree with the idea and intention of this law, I am reserving judgement until August when it actually takes effect to see if it holds up to its ideals or becomes a racist free-for-all.
    emptynstr

Answer by emptynstr at 11:04 AM on May. 13, 2010

• 2/3, yes I believe it. Same folks who will be up in arms when it does not provide the desired, immediate results.

Sisteract

Answer by Sisteract at 11:19 AM on May. 13, 2010