does my boyfriend love me when he says things like this....

one morning we were going to get our car registered and we couldnt find the title and he was blaming it on me that we couldnt find it ... that i was unorganized and i dont clean enough(even though i do all the cleaning, and im the only one working at the moment) any way... he said that if i lost the papers he was going to kill me. but we found them... and he was still crabby all day...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:27 AM on May. 13, 2010 in Relationships

• Toxic love maybe. People tend to get worse over time, I think I'd avoid that one. GL
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:29 AM on May. 13, 2010

• He may love you,but he's still an asshole for talking to you that way. He needs to get his sorry,unemployed,crabby ass a job!
    Anonymous

• do you really have to ask? sounds like he loves you when its convenient for him
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 10:30 AM on May. 13, 2010

• Is this behavior normal for him? I know that people often through out " I'll kill you." very casually. He may not have literally meant that he was going to kill you but it is still verbal abuse. Which in most cases, gets worse over time and often leads to physical abuse. If it is an ongoing thing then sounds like he needs counseling or you need to remove yourself from a toxic situation. However, if it is an isolated incident, he may have just been having a bad day and not realized how he spoke to you. If that is the case, you could try talking to him. Let him know how he made you feel and let him know that you will not take it. If it happens again you will leave. This is just advice on how I would and have handled similar situations. You should use your best judgment.
    JEAmom3

Answer by JEAmom3 at 10:44 AM on May. 13, 2010

• Usually when you ask yourself "does he love me?"....you already know the answer, and the answer is no. Our hearts sometimes have a really hard time accepting what our heads tell us. i know this from personal recent experience. i kept hoping my boyfriend (ex now) would change, but it never happened. It took a while for my heart to believe and accept what i already knew in my head.

inkydorei

Answer by inkydorei at 10:44 AM on May. 13, 2010

• Even if he loves you, its not safe for you to stay when he treats you so badly. If you are the only one working and cleaning and he still bitches and makes remarks to you, I know its not easy but I would leave. You have children that deserve better as well.
    LoganAndKennedy

Answer by LoganAndKennedy at 11:29 AM on May. 13, 2010