If someone extremely hurt your child would you let the authorities handle it or take justice into your own hands?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:35 AM on May. 13, 2010 in General Parenting

• BOTH
    If someone hurt my child and didn't get place in jail or prison they better fucking hide,
    I'm like a mama bear, you don't mess with my young. I will hunt them down, slowly torture them. Then make sure their body is never found.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 3:53 PM on May. 13, 2010

• Depends on the circumstances.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:41 AM on May. 13, 2010

• It depends. If the person who hurt my child was readily available I would most likely attack them and get off Scott free because it would be considered a crime of passion. If I had to go hunt the person down then I would let the cops handle it. I wouldn't want to hurt my child more by taking their mom away from them by getting thrown in jail while they need you.

Anonymous

• I would hurt them like they hurt my child then call the cops and say I did mine by accident.
    blue_glass_mama

Answer by blue_glass_mama at 10:41 AM on May. 13, 2010

• I would let the law handle it...what good to my child am I in prison? My gut would want to destroy that person, but my brain needs to take over and be reasonable. My child has suffered enough, why add to it by having a mom in jail?
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 11:11 AM on May. 13, 2010

• If someone hurt my child in front of me...I would most definitely do something about it...and that person would probably end up in a body bag. If it happened when I wasn't around...depending on who it was, and why they did it...I would let the police take care of it. If it was a family member, or someone that I trusted...then I would probably also take matters into my own hands.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:14 AM on May. 13, 2010

• if it was in front of me, i would take care of it then and there.
    mhaney03

Answer by mhaney03 at 11:21 AM on May. 13, 2010

• I would like to say that I would be able to step back and let the authorities handle it. Logically though, if I saw my child hurt, I don't think I could control my emotions well enough to do that.
    mommy11260

Answer by mommy11260 at 11:33 AM on May. 13, 2010

• I would like to say that I would be able to step back and let the authorities handle it. Logically though, if I saw my child hurt, I don't think I could control my emotions well enough to do that."

Ditto. I don't know if In could control my motherly insticts to protect and defend my child or not.
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 11:35 AM on May. 13, 2010

• I would do to them what happened to my child and then if the law decided to do something about it they could handle it after that!
    mommymandaleigh

Answer by mommymandaleigh at 11:42 AM on May. 13, 2010