Have you voted on the first YOUCUT Spending cut to be voted on by the house?

Representative Eric Cantor has a new site that will enable you to vote every week on 1 of 5 proposals to go out for an up or down vote. You will be voting on the many ways Republicans have found to help cut the deficit. 5 ideas every week and one will be picked by Americans who care enough to vote.
I think this is a great idea and with an up or down vote we will be able to see just who really wants to cut the deficit. Check out this site and be sure to vote every week.

http://republicanwhip.house.gov/YouCut/

itsmesteph11

Asked by itsmesteph11 at 10:36 AM on May. 13, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• I just did. I love this idea.
    QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 10:46 AM on May. 13, 2010

• Excellent and exciting!

And I also like that we can see where they really stand on each proposal.
    mustbeGRACE

Answer by mustbeGRACE at 10:50 AM on May. 13, 2010

• Love this.... I am sure it will get hijacked by the opposition, but the sheer attempt by Cantor to work FOR the people is wonderful...

grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 11:44 AM on May. 13, 2010

• I don't know that the opposition is interested in hijacking the idea, grly. They clearly have been disengaged with what the American people really want since 'they won' in 2008. They haven't shown that they are really very interested in what their constituency has to say about their ideas.

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 12:06 PM on May. 13, 2010

• why do we have to vote for just one? i voted five times.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 1:21 PM on May. 13, 2010

• LOL Lovin.... You can vote as many times as you want I guess but they will only have 1 with the most votes voted on each week. I think they will have the others recycle through because there will be 5 every week.
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 6:40 PM on May. 13, 2010