hurt what would you do?

My best friend let his girlfriend of 4 months call my kids ugly to me, it hurts me that he would just sit there and let her say it. Now I don't even want to speak to him, this happened last night and he has called several times today. We have been friends since I was 14 so 20 years. He is like a brother, but how could he just allow her to disrespect me and say hurtful things especially about my kids of all things! Oh and I have never done anything to her, she doesn't like me because I have known him so long and more of his friends like me and know me.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:38 AM on May. 13, 2010 in Relationships

• Why in the world do you think he can control what his girlfriend says??? She has a mind of her own you know. That is so silly and juvenile to be mad at him for what some one else said. It's not like he called your kids ugly. AND I know they are your kids and you love them, but honestly do you expect every one to think your kids are cute and adorable? Different people have different ideas of what cute is.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:45 AM on May. 13, 2010

• That would be hurtful, and hopefully he is now starting to see her true colours because of it. I would tell him that it hurt you that he didnt stick up for your kids, and leave it at that. If it happens again I dont know what I would do, but hopefully their relationship wont last. Sounds like she feels very threatened by you. And I dont care whether your kids are cute or not (Im not saying they are not) it is not appropriate to tell someone that.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:15 AM on May. 13, 2010

• He's not the one you should be mad at, its the girlfriends problem, not his. Why would you allow her to ruin a long standing relationship? Its obvious that shes jealous of the relationship between the two of you and would do whatever she can to destroy it. But if you put your foot down before something worse happens, it will not only save the relationship between you and your friend but it will also let her know that she cannot disrespect you in front of your children.
    mom2mybabes

Answer by mom2mybabes at 11:35 AM on May. 13, 2010

• She's jealous of you and thinks you're after her man. She will never treat you even remotely well as long as they're together. That doesn't excuse her behaviour and what she said to you though. Your friend should have stood up to her, you're completely right. Just because they're dating doesn't mean that he can't put her in her place. I'd let him know what he did and how you feel, but I wouldn't be hanging out with him until he can man up and tell his gf to shut her mouth.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:41 AM on May. 13, 2010

• Many guys are just not confrontational. I really would not cut off my lifelong friendship. It is his girlfriend so perhaps he does not want confrontation with her. The best revenge would be to stay his friend and let her know you are not going anywhere.I do understand your feelings. But I would be more upset with her.
    my2kids312

Answer by my2kids312 at 11:43 AM on May. 13, 2010

• I would be hurt that my friend of so many years (who is probably close to your children) would just sit there while someone said such horrible things. He should have said "that's enough". Or some other phrase to stop her. I understand your being hurt but give your friend a chance to apologize to you. And stay clear of such a horrible woman. Maybe he saw a side of her that will make him think twice about settling down with such a rotten person!
    Austinsmom35

Answer by Austinsmom35 at 11:41 PM on May. 13, 2010