Small tear behind the placenta..?

Went to the ER the other night after noticing I was spotting; they did a pelvic, and an ultrasound. Since I was in the ER they wouldn't let me see, but did tell me there was a tiny tear behind the placenta, and that it would likely self correct. As of now, I'm not bleeding. What's the likelihood of this going on to be a successful pregnancy? Thanks!

catumai

Asked by catumai at 10:43 AM on May. 13, 2010 in Pregnancy

• did they say how that could happen? how far along are you?
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 10:46 AM on May. 13, 2010

• Most likely strain. I've also got a six year old who runs me ragged usually. He did say it was fairly common, just to take it easy (non-strict bedrest, no prolonged standing) and to follow up with my OBGYN.. which is tomorrow.
    catumai

Answer by catumai at 10:51 AM on May. 13, 2010

• When I was about 14 or so weeks pregnant with my fourth I actually tore my placenta very scary ,bleeding but did exactly what my doc said to do. Took about 7-10 days to be back to normal.He is a healthy ,too bright lol happy 12 yr old.Take care and good luck !!!

drfink

Answer by drfink at 12:14 PM on May. 13, 2010