Is it normal?

My son is almost ten and a half months old, and he doesnt crawl. Should I be worried about it? He would prefer that we let him pull himself up so he can stand, and he loves to zoom around in his walker, but is showing no desire to crawl. What should I do? How can I help him?

Krissi041208

Asked by Krissi041208 at 11:00 AM on May. 13, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Yes, this is still within normal range! I too have a 10 1/2 month old who is not crawling :-)
    maggiemom2000

Answer by maggiemom2000 at 11:03 AM on May. 13, 2010

• was he born early? my nephew was born 5 weeks early and he didn't crawl until he was around 10 months.. my ds was 4 weeks early and just started at 8 1/2 months.. call his doctor and ask their opinion
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 11:03 AM on May. 13, 2010

• My son had no interest in crawling either. He started walking at 10 months. I think its normal.....
    armywife2009101

Answer by armywife2009101 at 11:03 AM on May. 13, 2010

• It's normal. If your worried, cut down on the walker time. That way, if he wants to get somewhere he'll have to figure out how.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 11:06 AM on May. 13, 2010

• Crawling isn't a milestone. Many babies don't ever crawl and just go straight to walking. Don't worry about hit.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:11 AM on May. 13, 2010

• He is at the age of being closer to walking than crawling now. If he is going all over in his walker, he sounds just fine. If he didn't move at all, then I think you'd have a reason to worry. If you are very concerned though, talk to his doctor.
    wildflowers25

Answer by wildflowers25 at 11:44 AM on May. 13, 2010

• I agree with the other moms...Cut the walker time. He cant learn to crawl in there..Some kids dont crawl till a year, some never do and its completely normal..As long as you are giving ample opportunity for him to learn and hes developing well in all other areas hes fine..
    carsonsmommytam

Answer by carsonsmommytam at 12:08 PM on May. 13, 2010

• It'd still be normal if he NEVER crawled. Some babies just go right to walking. My kids, though, did crawl. DD at 9 1/2 mos, and DS at 11 mos.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 12:49 PM on May. 13, 2010

• Take him out of the walker and let him spend more time on the floor.
    Anonymous

• Not really sure cause every child is diifferent but my son was walking the day befor he turned 10 months and thats walking not crawling. I would talk to your pediatrician and see what they say. And I agree I would let him spend more time on the floor then in toys.
    LANDENSMOMMYlmk

Answer by LANDENSMOMMYlmk at 2:59 PM on May. 13, 2010