Field trips sunny or rainy?

My preschooler son is supposed to have a field trip to a zoo.
But now it's raining a lot.
I ask the teacher and she says: "We'll go out sunny or rainy"

Is it just because they had prepaid the bus for this day?

Don't they matter if the children get sick after the rainy field trip?

I don't understand this kind of school policy...

dalemas

Asked by dalemas at 11:11 AM on May. 13, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• The fact that the day has been arranged and the buses have been paid for has a lot to do with it. You have to plan WAY in advance for an approved field trip. They probably already paid the zoo for THAT DAY as well. Since it is a zoo, I am sure there are many indoor exhibits the children will be able to enjoy. My last zoo field trip was on a rainy day too. Rain comes in spurts, so during the times it was not raining we did outdoor exhibits. When it started up again we did indoor exhibits.

KairisMama

Answer by KairisMama at 11:39 AM on May. 13, 2010

• Being in the rain won't make kids sick. They probably had to book the bus in advance. Send a rain coat, they'll be fine. It might even be more fun in the rain!
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 11:43 AM on May. 13, 2010

• Rain doesn't make kids sick. I played in the rain lots when I was little. I let mine splash in puddles when we can go right in and get cleaned up afterwards because the worst thing it does is get you a little messy :)
    LoganAndKennedy

Answer by LoganAndKennedy at 7:34 PM on May. 13, 2010

• We go to the farm or zoo, rain or shine. Being in the rain, will not make them sick. We cancelled our farm trip only because it was lightening out otherwise we would have gone and walked in all the mud and rain.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 12:29 PM on May. 14, 2010